• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

For anyone that cares...I think I found MY puppy!!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Check him out!! found him at petfinder.com - thanks to whomever it was that suggested that website (can't for the life of me remember though).

Isn't he too adorable!! I emailed the humane society where he is located to see if he is still available or if he has been adopted. He's from Ohio, about an hour away. I called Chad at work last night and told him that "((sniff sniff)) All I need to make my life complete is a puppy....that's all I want for Christmas...that Readers Digest says that children raised in a home with pets are less susceptible to allergies...((sniff....))". He's not too gung ho on the puppy idear thing though, but I think I have him convinced.

Jeff

Cyburbian
That's great....

May you enjoy many countless evening of cleaning up puke, poop and pee.

BKM

Cyburbian
Congrats!

Congrats! Bernese are great dogs, and the mix means better health!

Ditto on the various bodily fluids. My collie mix found the one mudhole in the entire park when we were in San Francisco this weekend. That mud smelled like bayfill, and another dog owner in the park muttered about $700 of vet bills from bacteria. So far no negative effects, cross my fingers!

(Luckily I remembered the location of a dog groomer open on Sunday! Scobie got a bath even though it took an hour walk to the place :) )

nerudite

Cyburbian
That dog is so cute!!!!

I want a dog so bad... but unfortunately I live in an apartment and we're gone most of the day. Someday I'll have a yard again... and then we're gettin' a new pooch. I'll have to post pictures of my new kittie though... she's a beaut.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Can you stinken believe this...someone adopted him JUST THIS MORNING! I called the hubbie up and said it better have been him :*(

However, it wasn't the big ole meanie Chadwick (what I call him when I am poopy with him) that rescued MY puppy.

Alas, my venture shall continues......

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Sorry you didn't get your puppy SWMI - that was one cute looking doggie. Tex's baby makes me want one of those, but for now, being in a one-bedroom condo, I think I'll stay a cat person.

Jeff

Cyburbian
So sorry to hear that...

I remember when I adopted my pooch, we had just moved so I didn't have my new address on any of my ID, so the SPCA wouldn't let me adopt without 2 pieces of mail.

So long story short I made it to my house and back to the SPCA in about 25 minutes (should've been at least 45) so that nobody could adopt my pooch. I made it though, and now I'm stuck with him ;)

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
TX Planner - OH MY GRACIOUS!! How cute is he (or is it a she)???

It's pictures like that that makes me want a puppy even more!! I guess we (I) am back to the drawing board...decided to go the adopting route. I'm not picky on breeds, just whatever stikes my fancy :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
hmmm.. I saw a cute wire hair dog this weekend. I'd get a smaller dog, but in our house of giants I don't think it'd work out well... Maybe a Jack Russell- they are so smart!

(yes, he looks cute, but he threw up at 3am this morning on my favorite pair of jeans (okay- my fault for leaving them on the floor, but still) and in my boot. He also managed to "loose" the key to the lock we had to put on his crate because he started letting himself out.. now we can't crate him because the door won't shut. )

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Puppy! Awwwwww .... makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Just for kicks, here's Bailey at 12 weeks, when I first took her home from the breeder's house. (I don't have a puppy pic of Guinness, since he's a rescue.)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
More Portuguese Water Dog puppies. Bailey's not in any of these photos, BTW.