• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

For Journeymouse

el Guapo

Capitalist
Health Facts

A) The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(B) On the other hand, the French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(C) The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(D) The Italians and French drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(E) Conclusion: Eat & drink what you like. It's speaking English that kills you

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
El Guapo wrote:
(E) Conclusion: Eat & drink what you like. It's speaking English that kills you
<panic mode> Maybe I should go and work on my French. Or my Dutch. Or maybe now's the time to start learning Welsh.... </panic mode>

Actually, it's not that much of a problem - if I drink enough alcohol I'll never speak recognisable english again <opens the whisky bottle> heh heh!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Re: For Journeymouse

Journeymouse wrote:
Actually, it's not that much of a problem - if I drink enough alcohol I'll never speak recognisable english again <opens the whisky bottle> heh heh!
Journeymouse must be drinking now ... she spelled recognizable wrong!

:blah

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: For Journeymouse

(Catchy subject line, huh?)

<tries to look superior>
Dan, you are a bad monkey! Hang your head in shame. And after I was polite enough not to mention that Americans don't even speak english, as well.
</tries to look superioir>
<collapses in a fit of giggles>

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
That's okay Journeymouse, as a Canadian I can get really confused as to the correct spellings of certain words - we get bombarded with the American way, but still get taught the British (correct) way.

I do know that it's colour, harbour, neighbour, and odour...and it's pronounced LEFT-tenant, not LOU-tenant.

Maybe I'll just switch to French and improve my health while I'm at it.

Zut alors - J'aime les beignes beaucoup!

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Tranplanner wrote:
...and it's pronounced LEFT-tenant, not LOU-tenant.
Actually, I've always wondered about that. Where did we dig up that invisible 'f'? But thanks for the moral support <grin>