• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

For the Storm-chasers #2

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
The Day after tomorrow and plausible scenario are two things that can NOT be in a same sentence.... Although I've not seen the movie, nor do I inted to ever see it, I only need the trailer to see that it's extemely and ridiculously exagerated... But then again I can't expect movie makers to have advanced knowledge in climatology...

Can climate change? Of course, and it has happened several times; can it happen at an incredible speed, I doubt it.

boiker

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Can climate change? Of course, and it has happened several times; can it happen at an incredible speed, I doubt it.

Incredible speed in a geologic timeframe is about 5-10 degrees celsius in 10-100 years, which has happened a number of times in the past.

modern recorded climate change has been about 1 degree over 50-100 yrs, which over 200-300 years will make a difference.