• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Forum Issue : I need help

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I need a 12 step program to get me off the Cyburbia crack pipe. Only Dan has more posts that me, and in the 1000 post club I'm in the lead by 100's and 100's! (although Mike DeVouno is catching up quickly). Is this a sign of ADHD?!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Well you have completed the first step, which is admitting you have a problem. Now make sure you recite this every morning:

Today, I will be free of cyburbia!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Brian, I swear I will hunt you down and hurt you if you stop posting. It doesn't mean you have ADHD, it means you work faster than the rest of us and your brain works faster.

:)

p.s. the last guy/girl/thing that referred to this as a "crack pipe" was eliminated. you don't really want that, do you?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Hey, you're not getting off of this. This isn't just a crack house, it's a crack home. I know where you work. I can be there in a half hour.

I have also tried to scale back my visitation. I ususally make it a point only to check Cyburbia in the morning and at lunch, and then in the evening from home (if I go home). I stopped having notices sent to me every time somebody responds. So far, it has worked. Still, sometimes I miss a few good exchanges.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I was talking today with my boss and we both thought planners had a higher incidence of ADHD than normal folk. Really. What say you?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
bturk said:
Is this a sign of ADHD?!
Nope. A post like "Can anyone help me with a zoning code amendment for ... look, a bird!" might be sign for worry. You might want to take a test ...

If you score high ...

El Guapo said:
I was talking today with my boss and we both thought planners had a higher incidence of ADHD than normal folk. Really. What say you?
Possibly. ADHDers tend to think visually, often working out solutions to complex problems but unaware of the steps inbetween. ADHDers are also supposed to be very creative. Then again, I've got pretty good ADHDdar, and I haven't encountered many other planners who seem wired in that way.

Jeff

Cyburbian
The first step is admitting you have a problem. Now do you believe that only a higher power (such as me) can relieve you of your addiction?