• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Four day weekend anyone?

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
In an hour I'm outta here. I took Monday off and Tuesday is Veteran's Day (thanks Vets). Off to Seattle for some debauchery. Anyone else extending the weekend? (Sorry private sectorites.) :D

nerudite

Cyburbian
I was tempted to take Monday off for a long weekend... but I decided to save the time for two weeks off at Christmas. Anyway, today was my flex day... so I already have a 3-day weekend. :)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Been there done that -
last weekend - took Monday off and Election Day was a holiday.

BKM

Cyburbian
Yep. I am a slacker. I don't really like long vacations, so I always look for opportunities to extend a weekend-like this one.

Plus, next Friday is my flex Friday. Wednesday and Thursday are it next week!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Hah! Took today off (sorry, workers), plus Monday, and Tuesday is a holiday. Tomorrow at the crack of dawn, the offspring and I take off for a few days at Jekyll Island Ga (the only time of the year I can afford to go there...).

I am secretly worried that while I am away, RT will surpass me and get into the clube first.

The Irish One

Work work work for me, being poor kicks ass, that is, my ass. I don't have a day off for 41 more days.

donk

Cyburbian
was not fast enough in trying to book it off, 2 others already did, so no long weekend for me.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
four day weekend? plebians.....

I've got a 27 day weekend and I know how to use it. :)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
4 day weekend? that's just too short for me though... I'm still enjoying my forced* sabatical year :p

* Forced just because I screwed up in the vocational area :p

Rem

Cyburbian
Get back to work slackers. No wonder we can't recruit US planners - come to Lake Macquarie, work long hours for peanuts, endure the slings and arrows of a feral development industry, have a breakdown, get back to work, work more, work, work, work, ........ every planner in this building deserves and needs a 4 day weekend but they are all too busy to take one.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Today and tomorrow are those days when I get to be bitter at all the non-vets who have off.

Today: Happy Birthday USMC

Tomorrow: Oh its Veterans Day tomorrow? Seems like the only people who ever know its Veterans Day are Dept stores and office workers.

otterpop

Cyburbian
I will work Monday. Have the day off Tuesday. I enjoy a day off that comes in the middle of the week. I would rather have a two day weekend, then take off Tuesday or Wednesday than get a three day weekend. Especially since it is a day all to myself. No wife or son. Think I will rent a movie where people get shot and stuff blows up, make lots of munchies, and veg out. Then maybe a nice nap in the afternoon. I would go for a hike but the woods are full of deer hunters.

Nine blissful hours where no one talks to you and you don't have to watch "Charlotte's Web" for the jillionth time. That is this married man's ultimate fantasy.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Well, today is my first day at the new job. It's relatively quiet around here, and there are some folks who have used their comp time to take off. It's also the first day of bow hunting deer season in Ohio. Tomorrow, though, I'm off ... I'll spend the time raking leaves, and exploring the Cleveland area a little more.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Partial day off. I'm at the office now with my daughter....but not for much longer......babysitter's son is having his tonsils out.....

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Working today, off tomorrow. Lots of work to get done around the house, but hopefully I will make it up to the local cenotaph for the Remembrance Day ceremonies.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I wish I had taken today off. But no, I'm finishing up comments on a few projects. Oh well, I get tomorrow.

donk

Cyburbian
Work today (leaving early), friends going away party tonight (2 hr drive away), recovering tomorrow. (and driving home if I am in shape to)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Nope. Working Monday. We work Vets Day and have Columbus day off. Like I care about Columbus. Should be in reverse. After all, the native americans discovered america, not Columbus.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Working today, off tomorrow for Remembrance Day. I'll have a moment of quiet contemplation for all those who fought for our freedom, and then enjoy the rest of a sweet day off. BOO-YA!!