• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

"Freeway Three-Way"

This article is currently posted on Planetizen. It was brought to my attention by an email from the Women in Planning division listserv complaining that the title is borderline offensive. Personally, I think the author was a bit overly descriptive of the females in the article, but besides that, the Michigan politics featured in the article are pretty fascinating.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
The article's title sure does stand out and could easily be taken as offensive.

Regarding the article's content, once again politics is a three-ring circus...pot shots rule over trying to handle a deficit and properly spend 3 billion dollars on transportation. Classic politics. :-\

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I think that it is not a good article, and it seems that every article on that web site is created by the Gov's staff. It does have some good points (such as all the construction going on right now) but it bothers me when they mention that Jennifer is so much for public trasportation.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Planderella said:
...the title is borderline offensive. Personally, I think the author was a bit overly descriptive of the females in the article, but besides that, the Michigan politics featured in the article are pretty fascinating.
That was a lame title. Usually the MLUI is a pretty solid organization, but over the past year or so, they've gotten a bit more cutesy in their articles.

This reminds me, did we ever see any articles in the mid-1990s that described C0ck Fight in The Midwest: Governors Perform for Welfare Reform in which Michigan Gov Engler (male) and Wisconsin Gov Thompson (male) are compared and contrasted? Two similar guv types who introduced almost idential welfare reform initiatives in their respective states, but definitely two different men in their own right. Where's that article?