• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

FRIDAY 2/27/04 4pm question from Michaelskis

michaelskis

Cyburbian
:-} :-D 8-! :-0 ;-)

Well, in honor of it being a bright sunny day, I am going to ask a simple question….

What is your favorite activity when you leave work early on a bright sunny Friday afternoon???

chrisinmd

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
:-} :-D 8-! :-0 ;-)

Well, in honor of it being a bright sunny day, I am going to ask a simple question….

What is your favorite activity when you leave work early on a bright sunny Friday afternoon???

I don't want to end up like Howard Stern, banned from the airwaves so I won't get into details. You can figure it out on your own.

boiker

Cyburbian
friday

well, this friday is the first, mild'ish sunny friday of the year. The snow is gone and I heard birds this morning. Anyway, a day like this calls for some happy-sounding ska or punk music as I motor my why home.

like.. Rancid - I wanna riot!

SGB

Cyburbian
:8: Add another vote for windows down in the car with the stereo blaring. :8:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am going to open the sun roof, put in a some James Brown, Blood Sweat and Tears, and Stevie Wonder, turn it up, and head home...

Repo Man

Cyburbian
When it is cold, like it is now, I will likely head home and maybe go to dinner. If it is even remotly nice, I open the car windows and sunroof and crank some tunes too. Then I love getting home and grilling out and drinkin beer on the deck or heading to a bar or restaurant with an outdoor patio. Bike rides are also another option and it doesn't involve alcohol and fatty meats on the grill.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'll second Budgie's answer. Let's see... Elmo and I had the afternnoon off... it was great. Now we're off to meet some friends for drinks :)

donk

Cyburbian
Winter time, a ski then a nap in the sun. My bed room was set up so that the sun came through the window and warmed my bed.

Summer. Bike ride then a nap.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
In warmer weather, either (1) go for a walk at a local nature preserve; or (2) go home, put on some music, and sit on the front porch drinking Coronas with lime until darkness falls.

Wish I could have done this yesterday, but worked late AGAIN...