• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

FRIDAY 3/12/04 Noontime Question from Michaelskis *I am in the CLUBE edition.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
YEA!!!!
I am in the CLUBE with this post… and I felt it would be good to use this moment to ask my (the original) Noontime Question from Michaelskis

Today, I have reached a goal… and all that slack time has paid off… Now I need to set another goal!

What goals, dreams, hopes, and wishes do you have, and what are you doing to achieve them?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Back to work you slacker! You started the day 20 short 8-!
I notice also that JNL paused right at 1,000 (to allow you to catch up?)

Seriously, congratulations! :b:

I still dream of the clube...

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Goals:

1. Get a better job
2. Get married
3. Get a house
4. Pay off Student Loans

What am I doing:

Trying to save money (which is very hard), applying for jobs.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I have no goals, hopes, or ambitions. They would only get in the way of posting on Cyburbia.

biscuit

Cyburbian
My hopes and dreams are really pretty simple. I'd like to...

Be a good husband, and one day a good father
Be happy with my personal and career choices
Be respected in the community
Be a financial success and good provider, and
Eventually become earths supreme leader and rule the world with an unyielding iron fist.

Oh... and stay out of jail.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Way to GO you made it to the Clube. I would have thought that after leaving Reading it would have taken you longer to get into the clube, since you have work to do now. But I guess I was wrong.

My goal,

Get into the Clube, of course.

Followed by getting married, paying off debt and traveling the world with my wife before Plannerbyday juniors start showing up.

Dragon

Cyburbian
I have experienced a problem since graduation and starting my full time employment. I achieved my long time goals, and now I find myself wondering what is next in life. I guess I have ideas as to what to do next, but no real goals.

1. Become debt free. (yeah right)
2. Gain work experience.
3. Date more.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Congratulations on your entry into the first Clube! Now start working on the next clube!

(Clube squared being my current goal) :)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
michaelskis said:
That is so nice of you to share a picture of you and your dad... and I am sure that he was so proud of you that day.
Michaelskis, Dan was just trying to congratulate you in the most appropriate way possible. Quit interfering with the Clube ceremony. Don't be such a marplot ;-)

My goals are similar to RepoMan's. Except I'll be getting married in July. I just have other goal.

I want to make the kessel run in under 12 parsecs.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
the north omaha star said:
My goals are similar to RepoMan's. Except I'll be getting married in July. I just have other goal.

I want to make the kessel run in under 12 parsecs.

Han, good to have you on the boards. ;-)

BKM

Cyburbian
My only goal in life is El Tripple Clubbe :)

(And, to get my act in gear. I'm 40 and my bad habits (especially my sweet tooth:( ) are catching up with me-especially with my genetics.)

otterpop

Cyburbian
1) Pay off my student loans and credit cards.
2) Get out on the river more.
3) Go to New Zealand.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
michaelskis said:
That is so nice of you to share a picture of you and your dad... and I am sure that he was so proud of you that day.
Okay, okay ... you don't like your Clube award. It's a tradition. Let me see what else is around here ...

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
Warning...You are going to get Zoning Goddess' blood pressure up...she has it real bad for Harrison Ford.
So you've spilled the beans on how I reach my "drool quotient" for the day...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
So you've spilled the beans on how I reach my "drool quotient" for the day...
Well I've made the kessel run in 11.7 parsecs. Do me baby. ;)
yeah, prolly not...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
It's gonna be tough, considering you guys never wanna have a lae-fest in Florida...

Oh we do, its called the White Party.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Maister said:
Michaelskis, Dan was just trying to congratulate you in the most appropriate way possible. Quit interfering with the Clube ceremony. Don't be such a marplot ;-)
Congrats on being the first to use the Word of the Day in a post! :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Looks like it might be Rumpy or Michelle next. Give 'em credit, though. Rumpy's an unofficial Clube member, but he hasn't been formally initiated yet. :p Michelle has as much content in her 600-some posts as other users would include in about 2,000. :D

Doitnow

Cyburbian
What gifts does Dan have to offer when you enter the next Clube, Michaelskis?
HE's already given you the awards, medals, boyscout badges... :-}

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Doitnow!! said:
What gifts does Dan have to offer when you enter the next Clube, Michaelskis?
HE's already given you the awards, medals, boyscout badges... :-}

JNL's phone number would be a nice gift!

JNL

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
I notice also that JNL paused right at 1,000 (to allow you to catch up?)
Yup, I was waiting at the finish line :)

Actually, my 1000th post was made about 5:20pm on a Friday... it was time to go home and have a real beer instead of just the cyber version :b:

Dan I'm still waiting for my award :(

michaelskis - you have to earn my phone number ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Congrats on getting into the clube, michaelskis...

goals? study... and hopefully pass the first year of university :p

michaelskis

Cyburbian
JNL said:
Yup, I was waiting at the finish line :)...

michaelskis - you have to earn my phone number ;)
That was so sweet of you... now I feel special! (no not that way Dan)

When your here, I will see what I can do to earn it... because I am better in person than on line. :)

michaelskis said:
That was so sweet of you... now I feel special! (no not that way Dan)

When your here, I will see what I can do to earn it... because I am better in person than on line. :)
Maybe you know this, and maybe I am making a fool of myself again, but asking her in "public" is less likely to get real results than a private conversation would. (Hey, I know people that "stupid" about social stuff. Forgive me if that sounds Idiotic. "Teaching Social Skills" is something you do with Aspies.)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
Maybe you know this, and maybe I am making a fool of myself again, but asking her in "public" is less likely to get real results than a private conversation would. (Hey, I know people that "stupid" about social stuff. Forgive me if that sounds Idiotic. "Teaching Social Skills" is something you do with Aspies.)
Nah, you're not making a fool of yourself, and normally I would agree, but since this forum is anonymous, for the most part, it is nice to possibly see some Cyburbians hook up. And if not, who'll know?

JNL

Cyburbian
Who's hooking up? Did I miss something? ;)

MZ - we're just joking around.

JNL said:
Who's hooking up? Did I miss something? ;)

MZ - we're just joking around.
[for fun]Okay, so SPELL that out next time -- remember, I live with Social Retards and it totally warps me, lol.[for fun]

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
Wow... Now if feel like the resident cyburbia playa... Her and I are just joking around.

michaelskis said:
Wow... Now if feel like the resident cyburbia playa... Her and I are just joking around.
You are joking around so much that it is starting to sound "serious". But never mind me and my weird ideas. I live in some bizarre microcosm and often have no clue how fairly "normal" people live. :-D :-D In fact, I am regretting opening my mouth. (where is a blushing winkie when you need one?)

However, there is some song that comes to mind, by some red-headed singer whose name I can't recall, er, never mind. I think I will just go back to sleep. I am only up to get a snack -- I fell asleep with my computer still on. :-\