• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Friday night, I'm feeling allright (what are you drinking tonight)

What are you drinking tonight (explain kind)

• Beer

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Liquor

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Wine

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • All 3 above

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Grandpappy's hooch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liquid draino (TM)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malt Liquor on the curb

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I don't drink losers

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
YEAHHHHHH, its FRIDAY!!!:b: :b: :b:

So what are you drinking tonight? Going to the house of worship with beer.

multiple choice for poll

donk

Cyburbian
I cuurently have no plans to drink tonight. I am saving myself for the 12th annual captain morgans eliminator bike ride and poker run tomorrow. (30km mtb ride, lots of drinking during and after)

SGB

Cyburbian
Probably nothing. I had a drink 3 nights ago, and it adversly reacted with my meds. I ain't going there again.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
going to a tappas rest. tonight, and will get a margarita or three.

....and top it off with a bottle of Boones, just to be classy;-)

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Going to the NEO in Chi tonight. The deadwood flees for a more normal crowd about 1. Maybe if the ignorant freaken rednecks don't ruin it again, the cute girl will be back to flog her girlfriend on the dance floor in public again. That was a show, let me tell you! Worth the $5 price of admission and something you will NEVER see at a normal strip club :)

Oh and Grand Pilsner glass' of WI's Capital Brewery Wiessebeer til 4 am followed by a Burrito and fries at a local mexican restaurant! :)

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
BEER with dinner with my girlfriend and her parents (this will be our first meeting) so after that, if the meeting the parents thing goes south

LOTS MORE BEER

MMMM BEER

H

Cyburbian
Well we are going down to Key West for Fantasy Fest (the parade is Saturday) and will stop off tonight with our friends in the middle keys. I assume they will have a fridge of beer as they normally do, but just in case I will stop at the Texaco by their house and pick up some High Life. :-D

http://www.fantasyfest.net/

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Probably won't be drinking tonight...okay, maybe a wee dram before I turn out the lights.

donk, your Cadian Cream Ale got mixed reviews. Definitely no substitute for Garrison...

martini

Cyburbian
donk said:
I cuurently have no plans to drink tonight. I am saving myself for the 12th annual captain morgans eliminator bike ride and poker run tomorrow. (30km mtb ride, lots of drinking during and after)
You ARE doing this on a SS right? That's THE only proper way to drink and ride according to the Minneapolis Mafia rules(not that there really ARE any rules, we just say there is). Sounds like fun. We just had our Homey Fall Fest Hare 'n Hound this past weekend down by the river. Great time on record setting warm sunny day.

Tonight? I'll have a few beers, then probably by another bottle of Jagermiester to shut the evening down.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Rumpy Tuna said:
With the Dykes huh.
No thats Sunday bruch. LOL

This is the league I affectionately call the Old Fat Straight White Trash LeagueTM .

It's even filled with look alikes of movie stars including:

Anne Ramsey of Goonies fame

and Sally Pierce, the actress that played "Grandma Molly" the rapper in The Wedding Singer. (no photos available)

Folks, this stuff is too good to be made up.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I'm gonna try and stay away from the hooch tonight until the northern lights start. I'll take a few digital pics of them if I can and then get liquored up (gin or wine). If the pics turn out, I'll try and post them here.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Going to a suprise b-day party this evening but am saving the real drinking for saturday. So tonight it will be a Bombay Sapphire and tonic followed by a Yuengling or twelve. ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
We're having a dinner guest tonight... so I'm going to go buy beer for the boys. I'll stick to the rum myself ;)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I'm helping the soon to be ex with some painting and stuff in her new apartment...I'll probably have a couple of pops before I head home, and take Kylie off for Daddy-Daughter weekend.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I have a 6 (ok its down to 5) pack of Tyranena "Bitter Woman India Pale Ale" chillin in the fridge.

ludes98

Cyburbian
A few vodka tonics. Have to get up early for classic car event. Saturday...all bets are off.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
I'm helping the soon to be ex with some painting and stuff in her new apartment...
Man seeing how everyone is getting divorced around here, I think I'll stay away from the marriage idea. But in the mean time drink up:b:

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Considering that it's friday and my mom got promoted, I believe we'll go to some restaurant, so I guess it's wine and liquor for me! :) If it was a regular friday, it'll be the nominal beer, and of course in moderate quantities...

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
.....If it was a regular friday, it'll be the nominal beer, and of course in moderate quantities...
Hey Skel, moderation is a waste of time! :) Find the balance through the extremes! :)

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Probably some skunky beer at a scary frat bar, watching future mr. plannerbabs' music get ignored by the locals again. he doesn't drink, so i'll have to drown his sorrows for him.

But tomorrow, good white wine and calamari. Mmmmmm, calamari.

donk

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

donk, your Cadian Cream Ale got mixed reviews. Definitely no substitute for Garrison...
Sorry to hear, tastes awesome on tap, but it does fall into the "swilling" category of beer drinking. Their other beers are better, but they don't bottle them.

Jen

Cyburbian
maybe a light rum and coke, watching the Marlins dominate the yanks last night I hit the 1.5 liter of chardonnay a little hard. Killing a 750 ml bottle by oneself is nothing to be ashamed but a freaking magnum yi yi yi
No wonder i felt fuzzy today!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Jen said:
maybe a light rum and coke, watching the Marlins dominate the yanks last night I hit the 1.5 liter of chardonnay a little hard. Killing a 750 ml bottle by oneself is nothing to be ashamed but a freaking magnum yi yi yi
Congrats!! I'm proud of you, babe...1.5 liters...YES!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
What, nobody drinking this tonight?

Suicide watch on. Rember you can choose multiple answers.

Allright, those of you on the curb, what are you swilling?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Jen said:
Damn Gurl, you make me proud! Im surprised you havent moved to wisconsin and switched to brandy! LOL

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Here's what I've been drinking, the official sponsor of the "After School Special" program...

RUMPY"S RAMPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah its good!!!

biscuit

Cyburbian
So Rumpy's Rampage makes you feel like a lizard smoking a haunted crack pipe/bowl?

Well then I'm sold on it!
Could you deliver a case for me for me? I'll even meet you halfway in Erie.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
So Rumpy's Rampage makes you feel like a lizard smoking a haunted crack pipe/bowl?

Well then I'm sold on it!
Could you deliver a case for me for me? I'll even meet you halfway in Erie.
LOL, dude its a 9ft crack smoking tuna, but don't worry everyone thinks its a lizard too. I've got to start cranking out the beer now.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Allright!! Its saturday night and I'm feeling allright, got me a new bottle of the gin and vodka and some Molson Canadian eh.

biscuit

Cyburbian
We're about to walk out the dorr and go with some friends out to a scary haunted farm out near West Virginia - I'll scream like a little girl if I hear the sound of banjos coming our way. Afterwards I plan on having a haunt of my own with a bottle of Jim Beam... SPOOOOOKY!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I went to a peruvian restaurant last night.. What did I drink? Pisco Sour (Cocktail), glass of wine, and later back in da house, a highly refined pisco, called Monte Fraile (if anybody can find it out there).

jordanb

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
I went to a peruvian restaurant last night.. What did I drink? Pisco Sour (Cocktail), glass of wine, and later back in da house, a highly refined pisco, called Monte Fraile (if anybody can find it out there).
How effeminate.

Rem

Cyburbian
I know I'm behind the times but I wanted to share.

It was my wedding anniversary last Friday so I did the right thing and ordered me some of that there wine at the restaurant stuff. Suuure tasted perty. (Petaluma Reisling).

H

Cyburbian
jordanb said:
How effeminate.
There is nothing “effeminate” about a Pisco Sour. It taste sorta like a margarita, but it will knock you on you’re a$$.

Funny how most meetings in Peru always either began or ended with Pisco Sours. I drank them with everyone on all status levels. It is sorta the standard. I even drank Chilean Pisco while in Ecuador with a girl who brought a bottle from Santiago as a gift for the guy we where visiting in Quito. We chased it with ginger ale. She claimed that was the Chilean “way”. Is this true SkeL? I often mix with ginger ale because it is easier than making the sour mix (which is a MAJOR chore).

Pisco is one of my favorite liquors. Next weekend I am having a BBQ for the UT / Miami game. I think I will make some then.

Thanks for the idea SkeL. :)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
H said:
There is nothing “effeminate” about a Pisco Sour. It taste sorta like a margarita, but it will knock you on you’re a$$.

We chased it with ginger ale. She claimed that was the Chilean “way”. Is this true SkeL? I often mix with ginger ale because it is easier than making the sour mix (which is a MAJOR chore).
Pisco sour isn't effeminate at all, and H is right in Peru and Chile it's a major cocktail for all types of parties and dinners (and even BBQs)... and the other pisco I named (Monte Fraile) is to be meant to be drank like whisky (it's very very expensive)

H : Pisco with ginger ale? WTF? The only "Chilean way" that I know of is a Piscola (Pisco with Coke), though I hate it personally. Yes, Pisco sour is a major chore, even more, if done with limes or Pica lemons (small lemons); but it's just great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.