• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! From the Minneapple!

annie

I haven't hit up Cyburbia since college, and I'm not sure why not! There's a whole lot going on on this board... Anyway, I'm currently a transportation planner, until I take a hiatus before grad school and/or finding another job. The hiatus starts on March 19!

After graduating from college, biking across the country, and avoiding the college to NYC trend, I decided that a bike trail was a cool enough reason to move to Minneapolis! Most of my friends back east have no idea that this is a cool city, and I wish there was a way to convince them otherwise.

So, I'm thinking of finding a way to get into the marketing of cities (similar to the Memphis Manifesto and the Cool Cities movement). Any suggestions and/or leads?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! Congratulations on the hiatus. Marketing cities? It sounds like you want to get into economic development.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome
from SW IN, in the C T Z, on northshore of the Ohio River, at mm 792.5.
and among one of the many bike riders on board.

martini

Cyburbian
Welcome back(sung to the tune of Kotter)! Good to see another Minneaplton(I am...kind of) here, and you're a cyclist to boot. Can't get much better'n that. Sounds like Econ Dev. is your calling at this point. Are you going to stay here for school.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings and welcome back from a soon-to-be FastTime Hoosier, north shore of the Mighty O-HI-O, mm 609, BFE 448 NGVD. A place where economic development is the caboose that brings up the rear of the municipal government train.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome fromthe bottom of Lake Michigan!

Leaving the east coast for the upper midwest is just fine with me. Because I have always lived in the Great Lakes region.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Welcome from the flatlands of Central Illinois. I lived in St. Paul for a short time and really miss the Cities. Post often, we like to talk here.

GRID

Cyburbian
Welcome! Despite hating winters, I absolutely love Minneapolis. In fact, I am itching to start a post about that city. So be sure to check out the CITY PHOTOS section soon!