• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

FTAA Passes

H

Cyburbian
FTAA Light?!

It is a joke. It allows countries to “opt out” of items they don’t want to follow. What kind of agreement is that? And sure, who would not agree to that. Successful my ___.

However, I still have not made up my mind which side I stand on here, so I guess this outcome is a better temporary one than a concrete strict outcome leaning one way or another.

jresta

Cyburbian
Re: FTAA Light?!

H said:
It is a joke. It allows countries to “opt out” of items they don’t want to follow. What kind of agreement is that? And sure, who would not agree to that. Successful my ___.

However, I still have not made up my mind which side I stand on here, so I guess this outcome is a better temporary one than a concrete strict outcome leaning one way or another.
Yeah, I have to agree here, if the South American countries can pull off getting the human contingencies in there it could be a positive. I'm reserving final judgement until after the next round of talks. If it turns out to be like NAFTA, though, this could be disastrous for our economy - well, the economy will do well most of the people in it won't.