• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Fun Quiz for the afternoon crowd-

nerudite

Cyburbian
There is only one row that I could get all the way across... the one starting with the A-team. I like the way they depicted the Specials... too cute. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
I could only get the first row across, including the Batman freebie. I'm up to 37 now.
Oh yeah... I guess I got that one too... but then other rows, some I have nothing.

Edit: I got as far as 41 and then gave up... I think the fact that it's the UK makes a difference. Things like Adam and the Ants, the Specials, Madness, etc... and then there are the dozens I had no idea what they were.

moose

Apparently, I am very culturally sad. But I must say, this is about the best use for MS Excel that I have ever seen!

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
The saddest part is the ones that you actually get right...the spice girls, the bee gees, prince, and I kid you now, the first one I saw and new instantly....hanson...wtf.

BTW, slipknot...hahahaa

steveanne

Some of the answers you have to spell wrong to get correct. Like the nude Alanis. And don't put Fonzie. In needs to be "Fonz".

ludes98

Cyburbian
That thing is hard. I need to watch more MTV or read Rolling Stone apparently.

JNL

Cyburbian
I got the first row, then I was lost. I think you can save where you get up to, then send it to others for help. I saw a similar one that worked like that.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I tried Fonzie... Henry Winkler... sheesh "Fonz", indeed.

Anyone else get the little black guy with the orange shirt three boxes below Batman?

biscuit

Cyburbian
46 out of 95 on the first round.
That was a lot harder than it looks. I suppose because it's so Britishcentric (new word!), which makes sense being a bbc website and all.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I'm totally lost... I just got 20... Who's the guy above TATU? and how is chewbaka spelled so it counts?

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
off-topic

Tranplanner said:
Chewbacca.
Do I sense a "nerd alert"!

Then again,

I have been know to seriously discuss the origins and purpose of the Ents.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Did anyone else figure out "morecambe and wise"? I think that one would be really hard for non-british people under the age of say 40 to get... Wonder if the Two Ronnies are in there somewhere too?

So far I'm up to 25, but I really hate that some groups have "the" in them, while others don't (e.g. village people).

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Thanks tranplanner now I'm at 27...
A few give aways:
shakira, right next to prince
friends (the show), on first cell on the row of backsreet boys.
jamiroquai, below the spice girls.

:)

Who's the one at the last cell in the first row?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
SkeLeton said:
Thanks tranplanner now I'm at 27...
A few give aways:
shakira, right next to prince
friends (the show), on first cell on the row of backsreet boys.
jamiroquai, below the spice girls.

:)

Who's the one at the last cell in the first row?
"The Sex Pistols"

jmf

Cyburbian
I thought the Fawlty Towers one was great!! "

I'm Manuel from Barcelona".

Must buy DVD player and Fawlty Towers series.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ugh.. I give up... I have 32 (which many I got from here) and I have no other clues to go on..

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I just cheated and found the answers. I did get 47 though prior to "using available resources."

THE ANSWERS!

The answers to that Minipops quiz thing

batman, village people, forrest gump, kiss, the sex pistols,
hanson, bucks fizz, nelly, bananarama, the pogues,
guns n roses, rem, slipknot, the supremes, snoop doggy dogg,
pele, edward scissorhands, barry white, mariah carey, the monkees, leo sayer, chewbacca, mc hammer, buddy holly, hall and oates, james dean, christina aguilera, abba, meatloaf (you have to write it as one word on the quiz, though), fawlty towers,
dire straits, robbie williams, madness, gary glitter, the young ones, tommy cooper, bay city rollers, mork and mindy, rick astley, boney m, zz top, gareth gates, culture club, boyzone, charlie chaplin, nickelback, all saints, mel and kim, shakira, prince, friends, morrissey, backstreet boys, the osbournes, cameo, chas and dave, queen, grace jones, atomic kitten, ali g,
the spice girls, gary numan, beavis and butthead, the police, rod hull and emu, jamiroquai, the cheeky girls, the corrs, dead or alive, tatu, adam and the ants, slade, erasure, alanis morrissette (spelt incorrectly on the quiz as morrisette), fonz the 'the' is ignored on the quiz), morecambe and wise, gandhi (on the quiz it is spelt ghandi), the jackson five, the bangles, busta rhymes, the a team, the thompson twins, bee gees, the specials, simon and garfunkel, marilyn manson, simple minds, austin powers, rolf harris, showaddywaddy, scooby doo, sigue sigue sputnik, tina turner, ac/dc, wu tang clan

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Forty here.

Slade? Man... I had some of their albums, and they were obscure THEN!