• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Fun With Karen

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
"Goddamn it, I did four tours of duty in 'Nam as a tunnel rat, and you're telling me cleaning leaves is dangerous? I've climbed ladders out of HELL!"

leaf_filter_karen.jpg

DVD

Cyburbian
So I went out to lunch at a nearby place. It has all the usual in a slightly upscale area. Fancy grocery store, custom pet food store, White House Black Market, Chicos, Pei Wei (my lunch), etc. I stopped at the fancy grocery to get some stuff and walked over to Pei Wei. That's when I saw the store that made me change my attitude. I always just considered this a ritzy place with old guys showing off their new Corvette (saw it on the way home). Nope, this is Karen Central now. I saw this store:

Yep, all they do is happy stuff painted on planks of wood. They teach you how to do it, and they even branch out to chalkboards.

• Haha
Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Yep, all they do is happy stuff painted on planks of wood. They teach you how to do it, and they even branch out to chalkboards.
I need to find one of those places, and make one of these.

fuck_off_wall_art.jpg

Meanwhile, at Karen's place ...

gather-more-karen-meme.jpg

FWIW, my MIL is named "Karen" , and she's a wonderful woman. Seriously. :heart: She's generous with her complements to service workers -- I''ve seen her do it -- and she'd never consider having even one piece of word art wall decor. I don't think she's aware of the Karen meme, though.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Public radio report about the upcoming schooling situation. Length discussion. It's a fellow Cybub who made the suggestion about a gap-year student tutoring (proctoring) her kids, so I offered it up ... some folks didn't do well on that reading comprehension section of the standardized tests.

Pro tip: calling me "a Karen" is not something I consider to be an insult. Try harder.

Reactions: Dan