• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Fundraising Pledge!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan,
I'll pledge $25 within a week (I gotta remember my PayPal Password first) and I pledge another $25 in September, 2003 - If I get an email reminding me to pony-up. (Amount carefully negotiated with the spouse beforehand.) This is where Homer would make the sound of a whip cracking!

And I'll toss those McNugets I bought you last week Dan. ;)

We could go Jerry Lewis Style: I challenge all the Conservative Planners to match my donation, or you're all a bunch of Hillary lovers!

Jen

Cyburbian
I still love Hillary!

I was waiting for this! I'll match ya Guap!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
There's another $50 on its way from the moderate wing of the Cyburbian Party. I'll even throw in a raccoon if you want it.

el Guapo

Capitalist
At a girl Jen! Way to go Mike!

That's $50 from the Conservatives, $50 from the Hillary Brigade and $50 from the middle. Who is going to pull ahead? Will the conservatives walk the talk they squawk, or will the liberals show us they can give until it hurts even after tax season? Will the moderates sneak ahead? What about the new Urbanists? Where are you utopians? Have we heard from the Bike Nazi's? Where is all the cash from the Consultants?

Who here has not told one dirty joke in the office you got from Chet? These things cost money people. Money Dan needs to feed his html habit! Let's give til it hurts.

I myself am giving the equal of 600 rounds of Wolf 7.62x25 ammo. Somewhere a liberal could forego one latte a week for six months.

We can all give something. MikeD could you give up one blunt a week? Prudence could you switch to a cheaper bar drink during your drinking and fist-fighting binges that Chet relates to us in PM's in chilling detail? PlannerGirl - Could you get by with just one rope this month? Tranplanner - Less of your national bacon for breakfast? Chet, maybe you could put off they purchase of Rugged Leather Jeep gear a month or two? We can all do something, even if it is wrong and eventually harmful in the end.

donk

Cyburbian
I sent in $15 USD (or $500 CDN). I also purchased a "damn commie planners" mug last year.

One question, will you accept Canadian Tire Money at par?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I'll match EG in the name of the Reconsituted Whig Party.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Regardless of all the political jokes and jabs, I must say I love this site! I donated $50.00 yesterday.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I made a non-political affiliated contribution a few days ago and will make another with my next paycheck. I'm going to look into Canadian funding (now that we have a .ca domain name... yay!), but does anyone know of any funding sources in the states? Any grant possibilities? I can do the letter writing if anyone can give me leads...

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I threw in 20 bucks on Sunday. My political slant leans left, but I would consider myself more of a libertarian than a liberal.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I can match EG's pledge of $25 in two installments. It might be a month or so though. Moving to a new job is damn expensive! I'm still catching up.

SGB

Cyburbian
On behalf of the PNRP (Politically Naive Regional Planners) Party, I've given $25 U.S.

biscuit

Cyburbian
A pledge of $25 will happily be sent next pay period on behalf of The PLSCPP (Progressive-Libertarian leaning South Carolina Planners of Pittsburgh)!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Planderella said:
The N.O. Hot G.R.I.T.S. Association pledges $25. Is this tax-deductible? ;)

OOOH Dan - better watch the IRS, this might be taxable business income! :(

BKM

Cyburbian
My $25 check is in the mail (I've heard horror stories about PayPal).

Viva la Revolucion!

Or, given the tenor of my previous remarks under another thread: "Long Live the Revolution."

H

Cyburbian
I’ll mail in a non-party affiliated $25 today.

(I no lika the pay pal either)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
ok ok 20 bucks this month (moving and new car in a month cut me some slack) and 25 next month

so thats 45 from the whip cracking left wing DC planner

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
The NHPlanner/Mary Poppins donation will be in the mail this weekend.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
Looks like I'll have to pony up some more $$$ next month.
There is absolutely no need to match the donations of others- give whatever you can. There is absolutely no obligation to give at all, and if you don't feel comfortable announcing the amount of your pledge then don't :)

Oh, and as the Cyburbia Administrations Canadian...uh...Ambassador, you can send the Canadian Tire money to me ;)

(sorry Nerudite - beat ya to it!!!!!)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Here's an idea if you can't afford a donation - find something that you own, but rarely use like the old Sony Betamax in your basement or your collection of Tiger Beat magazines and sell 'em on e-bay, then transfer your money via paypal to Dan. It could be like a Cyburbia rummage sale.

Off topic: donk - love the logo. It has inspired me to listen to the Stone Roses at work today. Man they were great!

donk

Cyburbian
OT

Stone Roses

The mention of them in the "songs not to remake thread" made me dig up my old CD's. Now to find my Charlatans UK and other manchester music CD's.

As for the Betamax, my parent's still use theirs, even though it is 20 years old.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

Oh, and as the Cyburbia Administrations Canadian...uh...Ambassador, you can send the Canadian Tire money to me ;)

(sorry Nerudite - beat ya to it!!!!!)
Doh! I could use it too!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Repo Man said:
Here's an idea if you can't afford a donation - find something that you own, but rarely use like the old Sony Betamax in your basement or your collection of Tiger Beat magazines and sell 'em on e-bay, then transfer your money via paypal to Dan. It could be like a Cyburbia rummage sale.
I had just thought of that... but I might have an even better solution. Let's, more or less, hold it on Ebay, but through here. Kind of like this:

1) We start a thread called the "White Elepahant"
2) Cyburbanites post pics of the actual object to be sold.
3) Dan opens an Ebay account, puts it up, and collects the $
4) The person who owns the object dropships the item to the winning bidder.

You up for it Dan?

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I'll be sending my donation via paypal as soon as they change to my married name. Though at this rate, I might just mail a check.

I like the white elephant idea :)

prudence

Cyburbian
Bachelor Auction??

I offer up Chet. Anybody have a few good pics of Chet?? NHPlanner must have one or two somewhere...

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
White Elephant

I got some old Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil, and X-Men comics that I no longer need. With the hotness of the recent Marvel movies, I'm sure they'd bring in some $$$.

donk

Cyburbian
OT and boy am I a geek.

alan,

How old are the daredevils and what condition are they in? I may be interested if from the early 80's and done by Frank Miller.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
I've got the whole "Born Again" set by Miller & Mazachulli. The condition would be considered mid-grade, and no way are they even close to being mint. I've read them throroghly, but they're not damaged beyond respectability - just a few spine creases and yellowing of the pages. Maybe a fingerprint or two on the covers of a couple of the issues. They've been sealed in plastic for that past 15 years.

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
I pitched in my few bucks yesterday. I think this is a great idea and I like the fact we know exactly how much this service costs. Hope you can raise all the money by the end of the month!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I could auction off one of the wife's hand crocheted afghans... They really are a thing of beauty.

In fact, if any Cyburbia folk or kin would want one made specifically for them with a particular color and pattern... I'd be inclined to donate the proceedes to the cause.

(That'd be from the Sit-in-a-tree-and-hug-it Republic of Oregon party...)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mastiff said:
In fact, if any Cyburbia folk or kin would want one made specifically for them with a particular color and pattern... I'd be inclined to donate the proceedes to the cause.
Does she do slippers? I haven't been able to get a good pair of crocheted slippers since granny died 4 years ago. The last pairs have more holes and stains than my underwear.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Chet said:
The last pairs have more holes and stains than my underwear.
Far to easy, but I have missed the set ups lately so I'll take a swing: Don't you need a Wood's Lamp to see those kinda stains?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Gang ... when I get records of your donation through PayPal, it doesn't include your Cyburbia username. Send me an IM with your real name if you've donated, just to let me know. I'd like to do something, such as highlight your name on the Forums.

I'm sending out cards tomorrow to those who have donated so far. A generic group "thanks!" or e-mail isn't enough to express my appreciation. :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Chet said:
Does she do slippers? I haven't been able to get a good pair of crocheted slippers since granny died 4 years ago. The last pairs have more holes and stains than my underwear.
Yeah, I'd imagine Yarno could make anything...

That's what I call her... Yarno the Clown. We went to a yard sale where a craft shop lady went out of business. On the first pass, I spent $40 on about 5 big bags of the stuff. Later that day, Ol' Yarno went back and bought her out. $50 for a truckload (and I do mean it, the Frontier was piled high in the bed and the cab was stuffed full) of yarn. Now we have three full size closets full of nothing but yarn.

She can do about any color besides white and black... for some time. Of course, for $90, she got probably a grand worth of the stuff)