• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Funny/interesting things kids say/ask...

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Bonus points if they are planning related?!

*We were in the middle of having dinner (hot dogs and mac and cheese, real nutritious stuff) and my sister, age 8 at the time, asked how hot dogs are formed inside the pigs body.

*On vacation, my sister was about 6 or 7 and looking at the state map and asked how big we would be if we were on the map.

*This isn't really funny, but planning related. We were going somewhere ( I was about 10) and saw a billboard for a subdivision, and asked my mom/dad what 'single-family' was. They had no clue.

*I was about ten, and I asked my mom about Adam and Eve and if they were the first humans, then everyone on the earth must be related to them. She gave me some BS answer.

Habanero

Cyburbian
My sis once tried to say that objects in the mirror are not actually closer than they appear, because her hand looked just as far away when she held it up to the car mirror.

Not from a child- at the gym the other day a guy walked up to James and asked him if he was a Delta Chi (James was wearing a Delta Chi shirt). He looked at the guy and said, "no, my boyfriend gave it to me!" Duh? I'm wearing the shirt?!?

Queen B

Cyburbian
St. Patrick's reply.

Mom, do you know if we have any green ribbon?
No, Why?
Well we need to put a ribbon on the dog, so he won't get pinched.
MOM " how about you just don't pinch the dog?"
OH!

At a fourth of july party at our neighbor, John's, house, my then four year old sister, ran up to our neighbor with a sparkler and said at the top of her lungs "Light my fire, Johnny Boy!" Where she picked that up, no one knows.

el Guapo

Capitalist
When my son was six in a gas station restroom on the highway on a trip across Kansas. Feeling confident in his new found aim and looking up above toilet at the the wall for what was likely the first time he notices a metal box: "Dad, what's a rough rider? "

"It's a little tiny bible for cowboy truckers to read while they are on the road, son. "