• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Geocaching

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Any Cyburbanites ever try geocaching?

I'm planning to go for the first time this weekend. I'd like to hear other experiences.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I know a guy in Madison, WI who does it, especially when on vacation or on road trips. I don't have a GPS, but I have thought of getting one. If I did, geocaching would be the primary reason.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I prefer geo-caching the old fashioned way, with a map and compass, just like I did with my Uncle Sam.

tsc

Cyburbian
I read about it... there are several spots near me...but have yet to go. Need to charge the batteries for the GPS!!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Wanted to bring this thread back to see if anyone is into geocaching. I recently got a handheld GPS and was thinkin about trying it this coming weekend or some time during the week.

So does anyone here do it?