• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

GIS GIS / climate change

C Marie

Hi - I'm looking for examples of transprotation agencies (or any agency/org that works on transportation) that is using GIS in climate change research.

Thanks!

JimPlans

Cyburbian
I know that the Metro Washington Council of Governments has been working on climate change issues. How they tie GIS into it, I don't know, but all of their reports are online:

http://www.mwcog.org/environment/climate/

Also, I second CNT, though I have some issues with their methodology (it seems oversimplified to me).

ColoGI

Cyburbian
Hi - I'm looking for examples of transprotation agencies (or any agency/org that works on transportation) that is using GIS in climate change research.

Thanks!
Go to ESRI and see what they feature. Or go to the internets, log into ISI via your student ID, get the journals publishing GIS papers, pull them up and see if there are any germane to your project.