• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Going to Halifax?

donk

Cyburbian
No budget, but I will be going to CIP in Halifax. NHPlanner, trannplanner / Nerudite / JMF(?)and other east coasters/canadians we will have to meet.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
donk said:
No budget, but I will be going to CIP in Halifax. NHPlanner, trannplanner / Nerudite / JMF(?)and other east coasters/canadians we will have to meet.
Got any links to that conference donk?

I'd certainly like to check it out if I can get up there to revisit Halifax.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
I won't be going to Halifax either. Maybe the Chief Planner and a couple of councillors will make it out there, but none of us plebes will.

donk

Cyburbian
Here is the link to the CIP web site. More info to follow, so they say. it would be relatively cheap for east coast americans, except for getting there.

Things
About 500 CDN for registration (300 USD)
165 (100USD) a night for the hotel and then beer money.

The quality of the conference can vary greatly and due to the small numbers of participants does not always give you many interesting choices.

jmf

Cyburbian
As I understand it the CIP conferences on the east coast are much better than those elsewhere.

Like that even needs to said since we in the east (the real east, not Ontario and Quebec) are just so much more superior and fun (aka rum) runs in our veins.

Word is more people come to the conferences here since they combine it with a vacation (or a visit home).

Still not sure if I will be there officially but I may crash some of it since I only wok 45 minutes out of Hfx.

donk

Cyburbian
The CIP has said that th. main reason for having it in Halifax is that they always break even or turn a profit, versus other venues. The vacation appeal is great. Who wants to go to saskatoon for a conference in july?

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
Sounds like a plan! Yay... more parties. :)

You are right... Halifax is a big draw for vacation. My b.f., who is from Truro, will be going with me to visit his folks while we are back there. I have never been to the Maritimes, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
nerudite said:
I have never been to the Maritimes, so I'm pretty excited about it.
I went to Nova Scotia last summer with my wife and we fell in love with it - especially the seafood, and the beer! Hmm...if we don't go to England, maybe we'll do the East Coast again....

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Tranplanner said:

I went to Nova Scotia last summer with my wife and we fell in love with it - especially the seafood, and the beer! Hmm...if we don't go to England, maybe we'll do the East Coast again....
Likewise, spent a week in June in Nova Scotia and PEI with my wife....loved it. If I don't make it to CIP, we may still be revisiting on vacation....still really tentative though.