• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Gonna be here next week

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Ok for US folks who all is gonna be around to keep me company next week? Im only off Thusday and Friday

lets have some fun-i think i am gonna need it with the 2 staff reports im working on

wheeeeeeeeee

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I'll be here until Wednesday at noon, and probably pretty bored. It will be SO slow - I think that more than half of our staff will be on vacation.

((It must be that lazy government worker mentality))

:p

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
lol lazy worker-not for me, i have a pile of stuff and i said id stay here over the various holidays becouse i cant go see my family anyway.

let the folks with kids etc have the time off and ill hold the fort. good to know i wont be alone

d

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'll be working through Thursday, with Friday off. I'll try to entertain, even though I don't live in the US anymore. :)

Last edited:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I'll be here... well, the body will be.

This afternoon might be a different story.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Go enjoy the hot springs Mastiff-we are ALL jelous esp here in the cold wet mid atlantic

BKM

Cyburbian
I actually have important meetings next week. I'll be here until Wednesday. :(

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I-ll be here - sort of. I already have most of Monday booked with meetings or conference calls, and a long, long meeting from 10 AM to 3 PM on Tuesday. But I will check in as much as I can.

I think we need Mastiff to coordinate the first-ever Cyburbia Hot Springs Hop this winter. We will all fly out to Oregon and travel the Cascades from pool to pool. The purpose is, er, water quality, tourism, recreational, and other planning research. It should therefore be company-funded. Yeah, that's it. An education and training expenditure.

I'm out Wednesday for med. testing and then will spend the rest of the week stuffing my face, er... i mean recuperating, at my mom's house. yay!

On a related note, my boss typically takes the entire month of November off, since we get 4 holidays, that's almost a free week!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We're here Monday - Wednesday. Should be a quiet week, with all the contractors and developers gone for deer hunting.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:

I think we need Mastiff to coordinate the first-ever Cyburbia Hot Springs Hop this winter. We will all fly out to Oregon and travel the Cascades from pool to pool. The purpose is, er, water quality, tourism, recreational, and other planning research. It should therefore be company-funded. Yeah, that's it. An education and training expenditure.
I know where they all are!

I might head over to the Umpqua... it's about an hour from here, then a half mile hike. Now THAT is an experience. Check this out...

"Carved out of a colorful travertine deposit, this spring is perched 150 feet above the North Umpqua River on Hwy. 138. A rustic shelter and deck offer broad views of North Umpqua Canyon."

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I've been to Umpqua and did not think that the spring itself was that great, although it was crowded and I had to use one of the pools off to the side. The setting was nice, though. On another trip I did not find Bigelow, but was amazed at the beauty of the McKenzie River. I have tried several of California's undeveloped hot springs, but was not overly impressed. The same is true for Colorado. There is a nice one at the base of a waterfall in a national forest outside of Jackson, Wyoming. There is also a good one in Olympic National Park. Of course for wilderness hot spring experiences, the best I have had is Bagby.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'll be here, and so will Mom. She's coming up from Buffalo to help me pack. :)