• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Good graffiti

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I have seen many places that have a graffiti rock or wall that is used by the community for this purpose. This is the best one, or at least best message, I have seen. This is locates about 75 miles southwest of Des Moines.

The rock is located on Highway 25 north of Greenfield. It is approximately 1.5 miles south of I-80 on the east side of the highway. There is a gravel drive around the rock which was supplied by the Schildberg quarry on whose property the rock resides. "Bubba" has painted the rock for Memorial Day for at least four years, each year with different scenes. He also painted a Veterans Memorial wall in Veterans Memorial park in the town of Casey, also nearby.
]Newspaper article