Google Maps kludge with
(1) Go to Google Maps, and center the map on the location you want to embed.
(2) Click on the Google Maps menu (three bars).
(3) Click on "Share or embed maps" from the dropdown menu.
(4) Click on "Embed map".
(5) Copy the long code between
". For the map above, it looks like
(6) Paste the code between the
If you want to embed a Google Streetview location, do the same thing.
I wish there was an easier way to do this, but Google changed their Maps API a few years ago, in a way that made easy embedding on a message board page difficult. For now, the old
[map]tag is broken, but I'll fix it when an easier way to embed maps with BBcode comes along.