• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

gosh... hi

ten

Hi all, i'm not only new, i'm foreign too... :alien
i'm from this other side of the globe. an architect, i'm currently pursuing grad studies (ms arch'r urban design at the university of sto tomas) and also teaching (architectural design) at another nearby university here in manila, philippines...

here are arch'l issues that interest me: environmental/urban design, heritage conservation/ historic structure preservation, ecological design, low-energy arch'r (i.e. tropical countries...)

i think this forum is great, i know i cn gain from you guys, and hope i cd contribute too!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome to ten

Glad to have another poster from over the pond.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
Welcome! It makes us (especially Dan) very happy to have members from outside the U.S. and Canada.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Yay! Someone from the Philippines! Welcome aboard!

From what I've seen in recent pictures, there are all sorts of new skylines and edge cities popping up in the Metro Manilla area. Has the economy taken off recently?

ten

my delayed reaction

this is super delayed cause of recent typhoon that hit us...anyway,

Dan said:
From what I've seen in recent pictures, there are all sorts of new skylines and edge cities popping up in the Metro Manilla area. Has the economy taken off recently?
that's right, urban development here and there, hmmm...mostly politically motivated - especially those "skyway" road infrastructure in attempt to 'solve' heavy traffic.. i'd still say economy's picking up slow.. but its great what's happening where i live and grew up down south of the metro, where, as i see it, an alternative culture and lifestyle is subtly introduced.

mabuhay!