• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Got hitched at the Walmarts

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Saw that in this morning's paper. My money says they're blood related: Uncle and niece.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ugh... even though I couldn't see the link for some weird reason... I hope it was for protection of my sanity... :p
74 y/o groom, 48 y/o bride... now that's a great couple for breeding... Well at least they did marry in a church... a church of consumism that is...

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
gettin' hitched in the nice wide aisles, have reception in little food court (nachos and dogs), reception music supplied from the censored, unoffensive in-store cd selection

I hate Wal-Mart, they are evil and destroy all local business, spread depression and cheap merchandize wherever they locate and are surely the direct cause of 9-11, Iraq invasion, the slow economy, the republicans in office, the taffic I have to deal with on I-90, and the wanton preservation of kittens throughout their reign of unoffensive terror. ;-) ;-) :)

(Sorry, but this is a Wal-Mart thread, sooooo it was going to hapen eventually);-)

BKM

Cyburbian
WHat I loved was the sign of true corporate benevolence: "Their co-workers received a brief break to attend the ceremony" :)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
And I'm sure that bride and groom, Mr. and Mrs. Trailer Trash, thought it was just THE most elegant ceremony...

P.S. Biscuit, remind the Biscuit bride-to-be just how lucky she is that you don't have to use that scanner gun at WallyWorld for the bridal wish list.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
"They bought the cake and bought their rings there, too."

I think the father in law bought the gun there too, because YEAAH HAAAAAAAh, this sounds like a good 'ol Shotgun Wedding!! Yous knocked up ol Clydine, Cledus.

Time for bowling!!!!!:b:

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
74 year old groom and 48 year old bride??? WTF??
Actually that's not too bad considering he met the "Half your age + 7" criteria.

Now if she would have been 30 - he's a perv. Like Michael Douglas.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Super Amputee Cat said:
Well, what do you think he married her for? It certainly wasn't her acting.
Hey now, she is certianly an allright actor, let alone smoking hot. "Can you hear me now,good!! " Oh wait wrong ad.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I met my wife working at a discount department store too, but we didn't want to get married in that depressing hell hole.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
P.S. Biscuit, remind the Biscuit bride-to-be just how lucky she is that you don't have to use that scanner gun at WallyWorld for the bridal wish list.
Lucky? Hell, I's was all kinds of disappointed that we don't get to do no Wal-Marting 'fores we gets hitched.

Last edited:

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
mendelman said:

(Sorry, but this is a Wal-Mart thread, sooooo it was going to hapen eventually);-)

Thanks for getting that out of the way.