School: USA (general) Graduate/PhD 2013-2014 applications and acceptance notices: United States

Oh Man

All this talk about admissions and aid has me freaking out. I hear about aid from Penn tomorrow, and am still waiting on admissions from MIT, though hearing others have already received calls makes me a little nervous.

All this talk about admissions and aid has me freaking out. I hear about aid from Penn tomorrow, and am still waiting on admissions from MIT, though hearing others have already received calls makes me a little nervous.
I hear you! The elusive MIT decision is torturing me. Not sure when to throw in the towel. I applied for CDD. All the best to you though!

allygo

Cyburbian
not in the same boat

There seems to be some confusion...I did not get into Rutgers or UCLA. I was just thinking even if I was admitted those options it wouldn't be the best fit for me. However, I was accepted to NYU Wagner. I have no savings and received no funding so I might not do it. I'll probably go to the open house to check it out though.

MIT funding?

Anyone admitted to MIT - do you know when they will send out financial info? Even though I really want to go, funding will definitely be a deciding factor for me!

UCLA Funding

I got my UCLA funding, which is a named fellowship covering full tuition for one year. It is a hard choice as I don't have a stipend, which I do have at UIUC.

Funding--Rutgers

I got my Rutgers funding, and I have to say that in retrospect I'm now utterly amazed at how little UIC gave me since I got a pretty good deal at every school.
I got a 1 semester TA/ RA +stipend and a 10,000 scholarship to RU.

As this is funding for both years, I don't think it is enough for me to attend RU.

I got my Rutgers funding, and I have to say that in retrospect I'm now utterly amazed at how little UIC gave me since I got a pretty good deal at every school.

As this is funding for both years, I don't think it is enough for me to attend RU.
Congrats on the funding. Did you hear from RU via email?

RU funding question

In the email I received about RU funding, it said
"Year 2013-2014 Bloustein Scholarship..."

So yours might say something like that.

My program is only 1 year so it was pretty clear for me.

MIT Funding Info

Just received an email from DUPS directing me to a personalized web site, in which I found an unofficial letter of acceptance an also my funding information. I am thrilled to hear that I have been awarded a tuition fellowship covering one-half tuition costs for the two years of the MCP program. I earnestly hope all other accepted applicants receive good news as well, even better than mine: a full scholarship.

Just received an email from DUPS directing me to a personalized web site, in which I found an unofficial letter of acceptance an also my funding information. I am thrilled to hear that I have been awarded a tuition fellowship covering one-half tuition costs for the two years of the MCP program. I earnestly hope all other accepted applicants receive good news as well, even better than mine: a full scholarship.
Got mine too! An RA-ship for 1/2 tuition, a monthly stipend, and health insurance. I'm *pretty sure* I'm going to accept! Need to do a little more calculating, but I think it should work out!

I'll see everyone in April who is going to the Open House!

Hooray!!!

Got mine too! An RA-ship for 1/2 tuition, a monthly stipend, and health insurance. I'm *pretty sure* I'm going to accept! Need to do a little more calculating, but I think it should work out!

I'll see everyone in April who is going to the Open House!

Hooray!!!

My sincere congratulations Cbear. That is for sure a great financial package you have been awarded. May I ask if they have exactly noted the RA-ship? In other words, does it mean that I do not need to serve as a RA or TA since a fellowship is awarded to me?

My sincere congratulations Cbear. That is for sure a great financial package you have been awarded. May I ask if they have exactly noted the RA-ship? In other words, does it mean that I do not need to serve as a RA or TA since a fellowship is awarded to me?
Correct- you got a fellowship so you don't have to work for your $$ (congrats!) I'm not sure what the law is like for international students (since your descriptions says Tehran, I assume you're from Iran), but you might be able to work as well either finding an RA-ship when you get here or as an intern in Boston if you need more funding.

Correct- you got a fellowship so you don't have to work for your $$ (congrats!) I'm not sure what the law is like for international students (since your descriptions says Tehran, I assume you're from Iran), but you might be able to work as well either finding an RA-ship when you get here or as an intern in Boston if you need more funding.
I truly appreciate your help. You are right that I am from Iran. It might seem rather uncanny, but just over the past nine months, all of our savings in Iran has dropped to one-fourth in value, compared to US dollar, as a consequence of the unprecedented collapse of Iranian currency. In other words, I now should have enough money to pay for something like an eight-years, instead of two-years, masters program. It would thus be so great if I still stand a chance to find more financial aids.

I truly appreciate your help. You are right that I am from Iran. It might seem rather uncanny, but just over the past nine months, all of our savings in Iran has dropped to one-fourth in value, compared to US dollar, as a consequence of the unprecedented collapse of Iranian currency. In other words, I now should have enough money to pay for something like an eight-years, instead of two-years, masters program. It would thus be so great if I still stand a chance to find more financial aids.
Check out the listings for scholarships for DUSP students: http://cronlasso.mit.edu/dusp/careers/p.lasso?t=4:3:0

There are a lot of grants for international students. I hope you find something! GL!