• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it away, sell it, or spam you), or through Facebook or a Microsoft ID. Google and Twitter coming soon. 🙂

School: USA (general) Graduate/PhD 2013-2014 applications and acceptance notices: United States

UIUC

Hey,
I have not heard back from UIC. This was for a masters at UIUC, down south. In a corn field. :) I saw your other post about not hearing back for the PhD. I checked on Grad Cafe and no one has posted about it. The only postings about it were later, arround March 8th. Have you logged in and checked your status? Mine just says ''applied'.'

UW

Wait listed to Wisconsin. I'm certain it was the GPA, probably in concert with only tangential work experience (I think I killed the SOP though, but a lot of people think that :) ). I realize the implications of this for other programs, so...does anyone have any general advice?

Last edited:
Was it Wisconsin Madison?

Which UW did you get waitlisted on?

Wait listed to Wisconsin. I'm certain it was the GPA, probably in concert with only tangential work experience (I think I killed the SOP though, but a lot of people think that :) ). I realize the implications of this for other programs, so...does anyone have any general advice?

Wait it out

So this is the only time I've applied, but from everything that I have read/ heard people may not get accepted to one school or another. You just need to wait it out. I was looking at some older posts today, and a guy was not accepted to University of Washington but got a fellowship to MIT. If you are really freaking out, some schools (like UIC) still have deadlines that you could try and meet. If you want, I will look at your SOP if you are going to re-apply.

Thanks Queenduck21! I noticed UIUC sent out acceptances. Congrats on your acceptance!

I noticed the March timeline as well. However, the email from the Grad Co-ordinator indicated that if your application was complete, you would hear by Jan 31, otherwise you'll hear by the end of Feb. Getting a bit worried now.

My Status says "Referred to College for Decision". I guess it's the waiting game.

Hey,
I have not heard back from UIC. This was for a masters at UIUC, down south. In a corn field. :) I saw your other post about not hearing back for the PhD. I checked on Grad Cafe and no one has posted about it. The only postings about it were later, arround March 8th. Have you logged in and checked your status? Mine just says ''applied'.'

Not sure - the Decision field says "Application Materials Received - Please await further updates".

I think I'll wait it out! Nothing to do but wait and check almost hourly.

I hate to be too optimistic, but if you've been referred to the college for a decision, that is probably good news. Although, it says nothing about funding.

@ Arianna,

Did you hear back from MIT for MST? I think the committee has completed its admission process...

Major: Urban & Regional Planning (accredited)
Cumulative GPA: 3.60
Past 2 yrs. GPA: 3.90
GRE: 157Q, 150V
Strong Letters of Recommendation, all Urban Planning professors, including one very well respected transportation guy

Experience:
-Planning Intern with a major city for 1.5+ years
-Undergraduate student research assistant for my Department

Scholarship Awards
-Four relevant to transportation and planning;
-Three relevant to leadership and academic success

Interest:
-Transportation...combining planning + engineering (actually only one of the programs I applied to is full on planning with plans of a dual masters)

Schools:
1. UC Berkeley - MCP, eventually seeking Dual MCP/MSCE
2. U Washington - MSCE/Transpo Eng.
3. MIT - MST
4. UC Davis -MSCE/Transpo Eng.

Congrats! Perhaps, we will be in school together. Where else did you apply?
Thanks! Yes! I'm finishing up my Master's at Florida State where I've also been accepted (but am awaiting official funding decisions) and I'm waiting to hear from UMD and UNC. I honestly didn't expect to have a decision to make. 8-!

SWVA

Cyburbian
Just got into Pratt with a basic scholarship of $5,000 and the possibility of an assistantship/ internship at Pratt Center for Community Development!

must feel great!!! congrats

looks like you'll have some decisions to make! congrats!

Just got into Pratt with a basic scholarship of $5,000 and the possibility of an assistantship/ internship at Pratt Center for Community Development!

WooTang

Cyburbian
yodeyad, I'm glad I'm not the only one! That's exactly how I thought I would feel about February ("how relaxing, I'll be able to take a break from thinking about it all") but instead I find myself anxiously checking my spam folder increasingly often "just in case" something comes in. Ugh. Can't wait to know either way.
It will be worse for me in March when I'll be expecting those emails. Anyone know if Portland and U of Oregon notify by email or mail?

UIC

Got an email from UIC saying that they need a transcript for the study abroad that I didn't do. Interesting that it was sent out on a Sunday. Hopefully, we can get this cleared up soon!

Good news?

That seems like good news...they must be interested in your app.

Got an email from UIC saying that they need a transcript for the study abroad that I didn't do. Interesting that it was sent out on a Sunday. Hopefully, we can get this cleared up soon!

Irvine

Did anyone else apply to Irvine? Seems like they send notices between the 15th and 20th. Crossing my fingers I hear from someone... anyone.. soon!