• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

School: Canada (general) 🇨🇦 Graduate/PhD 2019-2020 applications and acceptance notices: Canada

j.graham

Applications are opening up soon, I've begun planning/preparing to apply.

I'm planning on applying to McGill, Dalhousie, UBC, and VIU.

Anyone else applying for next Fall?

Avery23

Applications are opening up soon, I've begun planning/preparing to apply.

I'm planning on applying to McGill, Dalhousie, UBC, and VIU.

Anyone else applying for next Fall?
Hi!

I've applied to U of T, Ryerson, and Queen's University! I submitted them all late January/early February. Still waiting to hear back! All of them are currently "Under Review". Good luck on your applications! Have you heard anything back yet?

j.graham

Nothing yet. I only ended up applying to McGill and Dalhousie. Both are Under Review. Good luck!

bra_996

I have applied to Calgary, Alberta, Toronto, Queens, and Dalhousie. I just recently got accepted to Calgary and still waiting to hear from other schools.

ZTD

Hello everyone!

The Canada: general Graduate/ PhD forum has provided great insight.

I have been accepted into both Manitoba and UBC. I am still waiting to hear back from McGill and Queen's. I must give U of M my decision by March 28th, which I believe I will decline for UBC.

UBC, I believe, best aligns with my interests in social planning and sustainability, however, both tuition and cost of living are the highest out of all my listed schools. I guess I am just looking for some advice if accepted into Queen's and/or McGill.

Thanks and hopefully you all receive word soon.

cath96

Hello! Just got an email from U of T with an offer and $5000 funding. I’ll be accepting.
Good luck everybody!

cath96

Congratulations!! What kind of background/stats did you have when applying?
Thank you!
To answer your question:
  • Undergrad: Also U of T, Human Geography and GIS '18
  • cGPA: not great
  • Final year GPA: 3.6
  • Work experience: non-profit summer student, non-profit planning unpaid internship (professional experience course), public sector paid internship after graduating.
Also, does anybody else think every single school was late on sending out offers based on previous threads in this forum? I spent a whole month grinding my teeth in my sleep. I was so certain I wouldn't receive an offer that I didn't know what to do when I received word today.

Avery23

Thank you!
To answer your question:
  • Undergrad: Also U of T, Human Geography and GIS '18
  • cGPA: not great
  • Final year GPA: 3.6
  • Work experience: non-profit summer student, non-profit planning unpaid internship (professional experience course), public sector paid internship after graduating.
Also, does anybody else think every single school was late on sending out offers based on previous threads in this forum? I spent a whole month grinding my teeth in my sleep. I was so certain I wouldn't receive an offer that I didn't know what to do when I received word today.
Definitely! I still haven't heard anything from Ryerson and Queen's as well...so odd!