• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Graduate Planning Student New to Forum

Hello all.

I am a first year Master in City Planning student who is new to the forum. I worked for several years as a junior planner / planning technician in Orlando, Florida before starting graduate study. While my interests within the field are varied and I mainly worked in the regulatory land development aspect of planning, most of my coursework lies in urban design and development with a strong social awareness component. I am excited to have recently joined the APA and I will be attending the Denver 2003 conference with many classmates. My avocational interests and hobbies include US foreign policy, music, foreign films, dancing, languages in general, history, and how semi-autonomous ethnolinguistic communities survive within nation-states.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Welcome aboard.

Seeing as you'll be in Denver, have a look at the 2nd Annual Cyburbia Bash notice.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Carlos Montanez said:
My avocational interests and hobbies include US foreign policy, music, foreign films, dancing, languages in general, history, and how semi-autonomous ethnolinguistic communities survive within nation-states.
I suddenly feel like I'm wasting my life ;)

Welcome to Cyburbia.

Decay B

Redsfan:

I have made the dark side journey and lived to tell the tale. I only came half way back, though: I am a planner for a big institution, doing more permitting and development than planning.

Take the plunge: you will work more hours, make more money, and get a significant change of scene. I also found that folks coming from the so-called private sector got more respect and better jobs in public agnecies.

- decay b