Hi there! 👋 Graduate Planning Student New to Forum

Hello all.

I am a first year Master in City Planning student who is new to the forum. I worked for several years as a junior planner / planning technician in Orlando, Florida before starting graduate study. While my interests within the field are varied and I mainly worked in the regulatory land development aspect of planning, most of my coursework lies in urban design and development with a strong social awareness component. I am excited to have recently joined the APA and I will be attending the Denver 2003 conference with many classmates. My avocational interests and hobbies include US foreign policy, music, foreign films, dancing, languages in general, history, and how semi-autonomous ethnolinguistic communities survive within nation-states.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Welcome aboard.

Seeing as you'll be in Denver, have a look at the 2nd Annual Cyburbia Bash notice.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Carlos Montanez said:
My avocational interests and hobbies include US foreign policy, music, foreign films, dancing, languages in general, history, and how semi-autonomous ethnolinguistic communities survive within nation-states.

I suddenly feel like I'm wasting my life ;)

Welcome to Cyburbia.

Decay B

Redsfan:

I have made the dark side journey and lived to tell the tale. I only came half way back, though: I am a planner for a big institution, doing more permitting and development than planning.

Take the plunge: you will work more hours, make more money, and get a significant change of scene. I also found that folks coming from the so-called private sector got more respect and better jobs in public agnecies.

- decay b