• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Greetings from Away

aartworks

Greetings from Away...

Hi there!
I'm an artist living on the coast of Maine these past 20 years, after moving from just outside NYC. Since going online this past year, I notice a lot of my paintings going to the cities all over the US and Canada. In effort to try to keep in touch with what's going on in more populated areas, aside from just headline news, I found this site. It provided a little balance to what can otherwise be an isolated rural existance.
Aside from my paintings in watercolors, oils, and acrylic, I do some murals and some commercial art work. I'll try to include a recent piece here.

Enjoy, L

aartworks

from Away

Hi there!
I moved here from just outside NYC 20 years ago. Since going online (finally) about a year ago I noticed a lot of my paintings going to cities all over the US & Canada. I'm a studio artist working in watercolors, oils, and acrylics. I also do some mural work and some commercial work.
I come to this site for a more (im)balanced perspective than from what the headline news provides. I especially enjoy the Friday Afternoon Club.
Nice to meet you all!. L

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
welcome from a neighbor to the west! :b:

donk

Cyburbian
welcome from another person from away and to the north east.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome! Beautiful paintings! I find painting really relaxing... but unfortunately my artistic eye (which has served me well with photography) does not transfer to the canvas with painting in quite the same way. I absolutely suck at painting. Thanks for the intro and for sharing your artwork. :)

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Welcome! Maine is one of my favorite places... in fact, I'll be there in a few weeks for a brief stay... :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! I like your paintings, but I don't own any turtlenecks (much less black ones) so what do I know?

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Welcome from the Central Illinois flatlands. My wife and I honeymooned in Maine and I have wanted to return (permanently?) ever since. Pemaquid Point is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Great paintings, I hope you share more of them.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
welcome -
should there not be at least a Loon or the classic V of "Canadian " Geese in the picture?

Michele Zone

BANNED
Yeah, okay, I guess I will chime in: Welcome. I would have said 'hi' before but I couldn't figure what was funnier/more attention mongering: Mentioning that I have friends in Maine, mentionging that I have in-laws in Maine (that, thankfully, no longer speak to me), or mentioning my Artist/Political Activist friend in New Mexico.

Someone else can decide. Pick which one most appeals from The Menu.

Looking forward to having more non-planning-professionals (or is that non-professional planners?) joining in so I have more credibility.

and Cheers!