• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Greetings from Big D!

freewaytincan

Cyburbian
Hello everyone, I'm Chris Jackson from Richardson, Texas, part of the DFW Metroplex. I'm currently a senior in high school, and while I actually plan to go into radio, urban planning and architecture is one of my favorite things. I am a Christian, and a traditionalist conservative, one who is vehemently opposed to sprawl and all for the real city environment. I hope to learn a lot from this forum, as well as exhibit my thoughts on urban subjects. I am currently a member of SkyscraperCity, DallasMetropolis, and other such forums.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from the Hoosier state, where nobody really knows what time it is.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome, from a country that has a flag that's very similar to your state flag :p
Hope you have fun here and stick around :)

BKM

Cyburbian
Welcome:

Maybe you can illuminate me on a post that I threw out a week or so ago: Is Houston really that bad? :)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Gedunker said:
Greetings from the Hoosier state, where nobody really knows what time it is.
Could not have said it any better!

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Welcome, from a country that has a flag that's very similar to your state flag :p
To many Texans, that's still a Federal flag.

Welcome freewaytincan! Welcome to the loyal and respectful minority of something-other-than flaming liberals on this forum

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome, from the bottom of Lake Michigan!

Yeah, the 'Big D' threw me off too.

SGB

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Welcome to the loyal and respectful minority of something-other-than flaming liberals on this forum
[ot]Despite appearances to the contrary, some of us are merely flaming moderates.

[/ot]

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Welcome to a texan from lond distant Indian.
( i think you all hada fair share of them long ago).
But this is the Asian Indian I am talking about . :)