• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Greetings from Fairbanks, Alaska!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I decided to join this forum because me and my brother are very involved in our local bureau assembly and there is a fascinating new opportunity for improving and densifying our remote, weird, ~badly~ planned city coming up. We are working together on some tentative zoning suggestions based on what the initial plots look like.

Anyhow, I'll save the details of the project for another thread.

About me: I'm in no way a professional in the field. I study foreign languages and am a professional musician. I also am the music director of my local college radio station and I'm a "sound-guy" for the student pub. But I am a huge urban planning geek...or perhaps...enthusiast...and an avid reader of a lot of literature about the subject. I would say my main motivation is trying to figure out how to encourage organic development of moderately dense, culturally vibrant, and entrepreneurial areas. I have a belief that our city needs to properly prepare for another wave of expansion in the coming decades, implementing smarter zoning so we don't continue down the road we've gone so far.

Anyhow, I will be posting a thread with the details of my project and some of my ideas. What I hope is that the expertise of this forum will be able to give me good guidance as to how to go about my ideas.

Cheers.

Hink

OH....IO
Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! We have all stripes around here, so don't worry about not being in the field. Hang out, ask questions, and get to know everyone.

Glad to have you.

dvdneal

Cyburbian
Hello from Kansas! We like having unprofessional planners around or people who aren't planners, or whatever. Stick around and tell us more about Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.