• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Greetings from Jersey City :)

JCDJ

Hello, I'm kind of new, I joined in Nov. of 2003. I am a Jersey City, NJ native. I have deep pride for all aspects of my city, and enjoy learning new things about other cities. I'm interested in photography (as my many pictures show[ed]), architecture, music, and of course city planning. I aspire to become a City Planner perhaps, but I'm still leaving my options open, maybe an architect, land developer, I have time. I'm most definitely one of the younger members here I guess, and I hope to learn from this site and its citizens. I had a large number of photos showcased here until recently. Apparently a mod chose to notify me by PM (which I never check) rather than by e-mail that I was too inactive in the forums, and a few weeks later, rather than making sure I recieved the notice, chose to delete 6 months worth of photos. It's nice to see the amount of respect and appreciation for hardwork people have for other peoples' work.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Welcome aboard! Have some manicot!

We definitely need more folks from the NYC/Jersey area participating here.

(Might want to step off on a friendlier foot, though, but I'll just assume you didn't smeep much the night before. :) )

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome!

JCDJ said:
I had a large number of photos showcased here until recently. Apparently a mod chose to notify me by PM (which I never check) rather than by e-mail that I was too inactive in the forums, and a few weeks later, rather than making sure I recieved the notice, chose to delete 6 months worth of photos. It's nice to see the amount of respect and appreciation for hardwork people have for other peoples' work.
As a user of this free service (photo gallery), you have some responsibility to log in
occasionally to check for private messages.

I'm sure you had the photos backed- up elsewhere, too, so it shouldn't be difficult to repost them if you so choose. ;)

Welcome :)

Just like with any other community, there are rules to follow and the mods are here to enforce them.

jordanb

Cyburbian
Yeah I can understand being angry if it just happened, but you really don't have reason to be. You're using a free service and the provider has no obligation to you at all.

I pay for my hosting and I still keep multiple backups.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome! Might be wise to check out the informal FAQ. Just as with an email account or such if you dont log in and use it you might find you have lost emails due to time out or missed some important email from the provider telling you that you need to do something. Mods work very hard to keep Cyburbia running and open to all and dont enforce the rules until they are way over due in most cases.

Anyway welcome aboard and look forward to your posts.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Welcome. :b:

I hope you recreate the gallery and PARTICIPATE! :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from my westside of Lake Michigan.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Yo, Jersey Boy! From a fellow Jersey Boy now resettled to the midwest -- Indiana to be exact (or as exact as I intend to be, anyway), greetings. I love Jersey City and I remember it mostly in its decadent - decay days (I'm quite old, you see).

So, calm down my Jersey friend. Cyburbia is a cool, fun, and intelligent place, where you can learn and teach a lot. It just isn't a warehouse for images. Okay?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Greeting from another Jersey boy in the relocation program. ;-)

boilerplater

Cyburbian
Grove St.

Welcome.
There's a remote chance that we have acquaintances/friends in common. I go up to JC to hang out once in a while. Whats that falafel place near Grove St. PATH, across from the old Jewish temple that was converted into a mosque? Lubie's? They're among the best I've found.

I wish I had bought some JC real estate about 15 years ago. I'd be seriously cashed up by now!

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Hi and Welcome to Cyburbia.

Nice to know see you here on the message boards. But sad to know about the deletion of you images. Surely the mods try their best. Believe me.
I know it may take time for you to upload those snaps again but 'm sure that you will be.

So waiting to see read more posts and viewing more images from you.:)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome to Cyburbia, JCDJ! :)
I hope you're having a great time here in Cyburbia! :)

Oh! did I mention that I lived in NJ for about 2 years? I did, but not in Jersey City...:p

Post again!

Welcome from a fellow newbie, although you certainly have been lurking around much longer than I. Although I've never had any kind of formal training in photography, I LOVE looking at them, especially if they are of cities. So, please post your pictures again. I would LOVE to see them.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Photos are seriously underused by planners. You can condense verbage to nearly nothing with the use of photos and illustrations.

Welcome JCDJ !!!!