Greetings from Niagara Falls, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from beautiful Niagara Falls, Ontario! I am a seasoned professional planners with 20+ years experience in both the public and private sectors. Currently, I run my own practice, http://sullivanplan.ca. Previous to that, I was Manager of Planning with a small municipality.

I am an active volunteer with my provincial and national planning organizations and love to hear from fellow planners. One of my favourite things to do is mentor younger planners. I learn as much or more from them!

One of my passions is sustainability, specifically planning for climate change. Most governments focus on mitigation (reducing GHG emissions), while planning needs to focus on adaptation (local flooding, impacts from extreme weather events, etc). I'll likely start a separate post on this topic, but thought I'd go fishing for initial comments here.

I got my undergraduate degree (Planning) from Ryerson University and more recently my Masters in Planning from University of Guelph.

I look forward to taking part in this forum.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Welcome from the Western Maine Lakes region!

I love Niagara Falls - I grew up in Syracuse NY so I loved our annual picnic day trip to the falls in the summer - my brother went to Niagara University and enjoyed a less-than-family-friendly time there which I partook in on visits - also, my father worked on the railroad and he had the Syracuse to Niagara Falls run and I loved it when I could ride the train with him

favorite pun phrase as we would cross the border to buy beer: Drink Canada dry!

Hello, from Central :texas:!

I've been to your lovely neck of the woods. Beautiful area, lots of outdoor rec opportunities, but I admit - winters that far north scare me!

Status
Not open for further replies.