• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Greetings

gct13

Cyburbian
Greetings Cyburbia

I happened upon this board about a month ago. Enjoy the multitude of great picts posted here, as well as the discussions. I joined up mainly to have access to the handy "New posts" link, but I'm sure I'll be sharing my thoughts now and again.

I live in Manhattan, within the district comprising the potential future home of the NY Jets / Olympic Stadium.

Cheers, :)

Dan

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome to Cyburbia
from the northshore of the Ohio River at Milemarker 792.5 and in the Central Time Zone.

Post early, post often.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the bottom of Lake Michigan - Chicago!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from the DC area, man Im glad we did not get the games :)

Join in our little cyber nut ward, we look forward to your posts.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Greetings Earthling, from the Mitten State. The new post option is pretty handi isn't it.

Hope you feel comfortable posting to threads you are familiar with or not.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome GTC13 from the north shore of the Ohio, 609 miles southwest by south of its birth. In the same time zone as my beloved NYC (ever been to McSorley's?).

Hope you enjoy Cyburbia!

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
GCT13 said:
I live in Manhattan, within the district comprising the potential future home of the NY Jets / Olympic Stadium.
Welcome from your state capital.

Go Bills!

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome from approximately 153 miles (245 km) north-northwest of you in Central NY.

gct13

Cyburbian
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

I'll try to get some of my unorganized picts together to post.

gct13

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
... (ever been to McSorley's?)
Sure have, one of the first bars I visited in NYC. What a place, although now it's become a bit too popular and crowded :b:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
GCT13 said:
Sure have, one of the first bars I visited in NYC. What a place, although now it's become a bit too popular and crowded :b:
That's a shame. There's also a place at Bedford and Barrow that used to be a speak-easy. Had my first black-and-tan there with rabbit stew. Of course, my favorite "joint" was the Raccoon Lodge :c: ! Good to talk with someone from the old stomping grounds.

Edit: The place at Bedford and Barrow is Chumley's, 86 Barrow Street. Found it on pubcrawler dot com.

Last edited: