• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

GREs

I am interested to know how much emphasis admissions departments for graduate programs in Planning put on the GREs.

I have read through the APA's guide to graduate programs and have a general idea of the minimum expected scores but I am unable to ascertain the weight given to the test scores.

ian andersen

i am a masters student at the university of michigan and have gre scores like this-- verbal: just above 500, quantitative: just above 620, analytical: just above 500. not the best scores, just average, as you can see. after visiting schools this spring, the professors there said i had excellent recommendation letters and a good personal statement. conclusion? gre scores are only a small part of the admissions process - don't worry about them - tell the program why you want to be a planner, what you plan to do with your planning education, and relate your personal experiences with the built environment to these two aspects. good luck