• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Gti #2

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
river or canal?

with a little dirt and some asphalt, you could turn it into some parking lots or a mega thruway;)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
the Rush Street bridge over the Chicago River

michaelskis

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
The Chicago River?
Your right... Hmmm maybe I should have photo shop the Chicago Sun Times Sign now that I think about...

Extra 10 points if you can tell me what year they reversed the flow,
and what this river has more of (in chicago) than any other river in any other city in the world.

biscuit

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
Your right... Hmmm maybe I should have photo shop the Chicago Sun Times Sign now that I think about...

and what this river has more of (in chicago) than any other river in any other city in the world.
I couldn't read the Sun Times sign...It just looked like a scene from the Chicago River. Don't ask how, 'cause I don't know. I fact I've never been to Chicago before.

Now for my 10 bonus points.
The River's flow was reversed in 1900 due to numerous deadly outbreaks in the city. I suppose the river was nothing more than a big open sewer back then. As for your second bonus question, I'm going to guess that this river has more dead mobsters than any other river in any other city in the world. ;-)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
As for your second bonus question, I'm going to guess that this river has more dead mobsters than any other river in any other city in the world. ;-)
Your forgetting the East River Biscuit ;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
Bridges?

Edit: Apparantly just replying "bridges" is too short because it is under 10 characters, so I have to type this sentence.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
Bridges?

Edit: Apparantly just replying "bridges" is too short because it is under 10 characters, so I have to type this sentence.
52 movable bridges.