• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 117

Try to guess the city

• Coruscant, located in a galaxy far far away...

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Gfflauvbnaunntym, on the Jupiter moon of Io

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ashgabat, Turkmenistan

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
So many choices! Too difficult!

Question: When did the Ionians and the Coruscantians invent the bicycle? And do they have a neverending thread about them?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
It is a trick question. The correct answer is Gfflauvbnaunntym, on the Jupiter moon of Io, however, the year is 2247. This is a re-creation of an ancient piece of architecture from the mother planet.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Ahhhhhh!

Thankfully, I see mid-20th century, space-age Soviet architectural hyberbole is not dead!

Now what to do with Block 37????? ;-)

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Cardinal said:
It is a trick question. The correct answer is Gfflauvbnaunntym, on the Jupiter moon of Io, however, the year is 2247. This is a re-creation of an ancient piece of architecture from the mother planet.
Yes, yes! Now I know why I was confused - I thought the year was 2147. Hmmph. What do I know?

Otis

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Try To Guess the City

Rich Townsend said:
Wanigas? said:
Do you know what city this is?

Obviously its Ashkhabad, Turkmenistan
Oops. Didn't notice that it was one of the choices, or even that there were choices. Was feeling so smug that I figured it out. Anyway, Io isn't that sunny.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I either fell asleep during or skipped
alien? spacecraft recognition class.
that is a spacecraft, right.

Cullen

it's the city from the tv show married with children, you know, when the fountain goes on in the beginning. The giant monument is of course a spaceship which landed for tourism.