• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 121: Blonde Edition 2

biscuit

Cyburbian
Come on SkeL, you can do way better, this is way too easy.
You can see the Smokey Mountains in the background so it's obviously Asheville, North Carolina.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The old white building in the foreground is Spanish Colonial architecture. I am going to guess Miami.

steveanne

With mountains like that, it's definitely somewhere in the great state of Flordia... I'm pretty sure that is the Disney Mountain range (Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, etc.) in the background.

Or it's possibly in Nova Scotia.
I'm torn.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Look at those mountains! Those high-rise apartments! The haze of smog!

It's the Mile High City ... Wichita, Kansas! Give me my prize.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
It is a photo shoped picture of Chicago, New York, and Yellowstone!

Or maybe Nome Alaska

BKM

Cyburbian
Its La Paz, Bolivia, with a skyline exhibiting the unmatched economic power and prosperity of South America's very own Cocaine Republic. :)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
ooh, its that big city in South America, you know the one that the Nile goes through, right near Russia I think. Sydney, that's it!!!

JNL

Cyburbian
Hey lay off the blondes, man! We are just as inntil.. intelill.. intelijin.. clever as anyone else!

Can I have the first and last letters? ;)

Last edited:

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
With those snow-capped peaks and soaring apartment buildings, and the smog, I'd have to say it's Nashville, Indiana. The density of the urban environment is a dead giveaway. That, and all of the craft shops.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ooops sorry JNL... I forgot you were blonde :p
Can you believe that there are morrons that want to continue expanding this monster? This metropolis already occupies 90,000 Hectares (222,395 acres)(Bigger than Paris in extension) and the Evil Chilean Developers want to expand it another 90,000 more! Just because they're blindfolded with the American suburb like developments, believing blindly that having suburbs takes Chile a step further towards Development... Screw the best agricultural lands of the country, forget about trees, we need suburbs! Sure make more subway lines, fill the already collapsed roads with more and more pollutant buses and the best of all, steal the money from the rest of the regions. Damn centralists!

biscuit

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Can you believe that there are morrons that want to continue expanding this monster? This metropolis already occupies 90,000 Hectares (222,395 acres)(Bigger than Paris in extension)
WOW! That's amazing.
I had no idea that Charleston, West Virginia was that big. I really should go visit sometime.

Queen B

Cyburbian
So you are saying that it is someplace in Chile!
Who would have guessed that!!!! LOL!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
DoD wins! Not only he did not guess the city correctly, but he also didn't put the city in it's correct country!
Quito is in Ecuador :p

BKM

Cyburbian
Maybe you can sign a peace treaty with Bolivia to export your suburban developers and, if you share the American tradition, annoying lawyers to the Andean paradise. They will becoem developed for sure. :)

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
DoD wins! Not only he did not guess the city correctly, but he also didn't put the city in it's correct country!
Quito is in Ecuador :p
:) I know that, have a friend who is a marxist geography professor from Quito. Tell him that Madagascar is off the west coast of Ecuador where Darwin studied advanced geometry and he BLOWS A GASKET! :)

BKM

Cyburbian
Just curious. How can one be a "Marxist Geography Professor"?

"Its because of bourgeoise oppression that the Andean peasants live in an alpine semiarrid wasteland." :)

(Never mind. I guess geography is the study of human interactons with the land, so...) :)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Duke Of Dystopia said:
:) I know that, have a friend who is a marxist geography professor from Quito. Tell him that Madagascar is off the west coast of Ecuador where Darwin studied advanced geometry and he BLOWS A GASKET! :)
Well of course he would blow a gasket. Any geographer worth his salt would in response to such a glaringly incorrect statement like that. Any 10 year old can tell you that Greenland is off the coast of Ecuadore, not Madagascar. And it's common knowledge that Darwin didn't start studying advanced geometry until after becoming the first person to reach the summit of Mt. Everest.
:-D

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
BKM said:
Just curious. How can one be a "Marxist Geography Professor"?

"Its because of bourgeoise oppression that the Andean peasants live in an alpine semiarrid wasteland." :)
He studied specificly for his PhD with geographers that looked at things Specificly from a marxist political viewpoint. It has been an interesting, and eye opening, learning experience. Sounds a lot like Jresta when he writes, in fact, it COULD BE Jresta:)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Duke Of Dystopia said:
He studied specificly for his PhD with geographers that looked at things Specificly from a marxist political viewpoint.
?Did anybody know that the Marx Brothers where geographers?

el Guapo

Capitalist
Oh Yeah? Well I'm a Reagan Scholar, and I know the legendary lost city of Pacifica when I see it. Weren't all the druids killed when the ice caves melted?

I was thinking that it looks an awful lot like Kraznovia... well, except for the haze in the sky, and all the buildings and greenery. But perhaps it has grown...

steveanne

.....ummmm..... So you're saying this isn't Florida?

This Darwin guy... He used to pitch for the Red Sox. All this other stuff he probably did in the off-season.

steveanne said:
.....ummmm..... So you're saying this isn't Florida?

This Darwin guy... He used to pitch for the Red Sox. All this other stuff he probably did in the off-season.
Um, I don't know if Kraznovia is part of Florida or not. Is there a desert in Florida?

And I am not a big ice hockey fan. So that must be why I have never heard of this Darwin person...