• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 122

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I just returned from a very enjoyable weekend in this city...

Hceux

Cyburbian
Isn't it Burlington, Vermont? I remember seeing the marina buildings and walking around in the downtown areas that had endless number of brick buildings on a visit there when I was like 10 years old.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Given the fact that it's flat, I am inclined to believe it may be in Delaware...though I seriously doubt it..
Oh and BTW, this should be Guess the city #99. :)

BKM

Cyburbian
The boathouse is in Burlington. Rremember that Burlington is on a "lakeside" coastal plain, so there will be a flat area next to Lake Champlain.

If, God Forbid, I am wrong, I vote as second choice, Wilmington, Delaware.

B'lieve

Cyburbian
Can't be Easton or Wilmington (although it does look kind of like an Eastern Shore/Slower Delaware town, especially that waterfront), or anywhere else in MD or Delaware, unless those green trees are all hollies or some other evergreen. All the leaves here fell before last week. Maybe way down in Crisfield you might find some green trees, but it's probably farther south.

Wild guess, Wilmington, North Carolina?

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Gosh, that was too easy!

Hceux got it right, it IS Burlington, VT.

No snow on the ground yet.

I hadn't been there in at least 15 years. I was pleasantly surprised at how much activity there was. Church Street Marketplace was busy day and night with holiday shoppers and restaurant patrons. I think it's the only pedestrian mall that's doing well! There's also a new museum on the waterfront.

Now if I could only find a job there... ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Congrats Hceux You're now responsible of making the Guess the City #100 (because this one was actually #99) :)

Hceux

Cyburbian
Oh what a honour!

Wow, I won!!! Where's my prize?! lol

Well, creating a GTC will be my first time doing a post with pictures on it. Wish me luck!

Thanks SkeLeton for informing me about my duty to create GTC 100 otherwise I wouldn't have known of it.