• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 124

cnyOntario

Hceux, Sorry about that! My (FREE) account at VillagePhotos.com exceeded the daily bandwidth limit of 5.00MB. Check them out tomorrow I guess.

And no, it is not Hanover, NH.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
bizzo34 said:
Hceux, Sorry about that! My (FREE) account at VillagePhotos.com exceeded the daily bandwidth limit of 5.00MB. Check them out tomorrow I guess.

Upload them to the Cyburbia Gallery

cnyOntario

I just realized that everyone had space set aside for the Image Gallery. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Looks a bit like Cincinnati. I see a Starbucks sign in a window in the second photo. Where do they have a store?

martini

Cyburbian
I second Denver. I can't figure out where the first pic is taken from though....Obviously from the east side, but....

Queen B

Cyburbian
I have no idea where this is but I Love the contrast between the old station wagon with the wood look sides and the Hummer behind it! LOL

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
South of the Finger Lakes, I'm guessing first Binghamton then Elmira?

BKM

Cyburbian
Genesee Street?

It looks too prosperous to be Utica or Schenectady (sp).

Its not Albany or Rochester.

I would guess the OTHER big city in upstate New York: Syracuse.

Edit: Looks like Irish One beat me to it. :)

cnyOntario

You got it. It's Syracuse.

Two weeks ago I took some photos of the Syracuse area. These were going to be my next photos if no one guessed it right soon:

1417MYnumber26test.jpg

I had better photos I wanted to show but they won't upload on here because they are too detailed and go over the 250kb limit.

cnyOntario

Yes, Clay is a suburb of Syracuse, but no Clay is not considered "posh". Manlius, Fayetteville, DeWitt, and Lysander are the more "posh" suburbs. Clay is considered middle class. But there are pockets of more upscale developments in Clay like this one very close to my neighborhood:

1417MYwildcreek2.jpg

1417MYwildcreek3.jpg

A little about my hometown:

Clay is a northern suburb of Syracuse and has a population of about 60,000. The main commercial Blvd for the northern suburbs is located in Clay. Recently, that commercial stretch ,where Great Northern Mall is located, has seen a huge boom in retail development.