• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 127

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Time for a new GTC!

BKM

Cyburbian
Fifth Third Bank (If my eyes are not playing tricks on me) is a southwestern Ohio bank-but this doesn't look like Cincinatti-and its too much like a "real" city to be the northern Kentucky edge cities.

So-I will guess Dayton, Ohio-which does have a big river running through it.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
oooh, oooh, Mr. Kotter,
I know but I will wait awhile to see some guesses.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I used to live there, pre-riverboat. I recognized the ahem--stunted skyline, but i't's grown a lot since I left. It's a nice little city, with a great historic district--although one of my friends told me some of that had to make way for the riverboat parking garage. Sigh.

so does that mean I got it right??

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Babs takes it!

Plannerbabs is the winner! JNA from Indiana knew it all along, and deserves kudos for restraint by allowing others to guess.

Plannerbabs, here is your prize:

The little purple leprechaun mascot of the University of Evansville fightin' Purple Aces! (now there's a scary mascot!)

(basketball player from other school): "Who we playing this week?"
(teammate): "The Evansville Purple Aces."
(1st player): "The Purple Aces! Gaah! Run! Run away!"

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Re: Babs takes it!

The little purple leprechaun mascot of the University of Evansville fightin' Purple Aces! (now there's a scary mascot!)

(basketball player from other school): "Who we playing this week?"
(teammate): "The Evansville Purple Aces."
(1st player): "The Purple Aces! Gaah! Run! Run away!" [/B]

I don't know, the leprechaun from the Simpsons was kind of scary....What exactly is an Ace, anyway? (wasn't part of my education when I was there).

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Re: Re: Babs takes it!

Plannerbabs said:
What exactly is an Ace, anyway? (wasn't part of my education when I was there).

He is not a leprechaun, like that school at the other end of Indiana.

He is a old-time looking riverboat gambler.

? Did you attend U of E or grow up here - which HS ?

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I went to good ole' USI for two years, then fled back north. Still miss Ski soda, though. And Grippo's chips. Still have a few friends down there, too, who grew up there.