• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Here ya go guys- have it and I am leaving out all those clues i use to figure out things.

Dave F

Cyburbian
I correctly guessed it in house, but PlannerGirl won't let me divulge (too easy b/c I know her).

A man with a plan....

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Dave blew it

it IS Panama'-HOME!

That bridge is the Bridge of the Americas with the Canal below *its HUGE*

I actualy grew up 52 miles away on the Atlantic side of the country with the jungle and jar heads with big guns running around in my yard.

FYI snake and beatle are pretty good eats there

D

nerudite

Cyburbian
Yeah... Dave gave it away (a little). I actually remembered that you lived in Panama due to family military, etc (from the If I lived in another country thread)...

And there aren't that many steel arch bridges of that magnitude in the world... so do a search of "steel arch bridge" and Panama, and you can be a cheater like me. :)

So do snakes taste like chicken?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Yha kinda more chewy-slightly gamey but not bad at all

teh beatles were actualy GOOD

*did a mini version of GREEN HELL and loved it*

PS Dave your grass

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm not sure about the beetle thing. How big are they? Are they the really big ones where you scoop out the insides, or were they more like pop them in your mouth kinda sized? And what did they taste like? Snake sounds okay... I've had frog legs before... so I always figured it would taste similar.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl said:

PS Dave your grass
Let him put up Guess the City#14 first. Then you can slap him around.

BTW - I would have got it first thing too if I had been around, it wasn't that hard considering you said you used to live in Panama...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
These were huge roach like things that you fliped over on their backs and placed on rocks around the fire-they cooked in their own shells

pop em open like peanuts and soft white fleshy stuff was not that bad

to a 14 year old girl it was pretty wild. as far as "gross factor" snake is easier to eat but harder to deal with to make ready to eat.

D

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Guess the city -13

PlannerGirl said:
Here ya go guys- have it and I am leaving out all those clues i use to figure out things.

Administrator's note: let's crop 'em next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.