• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 155

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Who am I (I'm the area in the immediate foreground):

(don't cheat. I didn't feel like uploading to the gallery)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Which telltale building should I be looking for / at?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I know this is wrong, but I'll say [EDIT] SKOKIE

Edit #2: I think I was closer before the edit - its a more western than northern suburb. I think that might be the blue line and not the yellow line???

Jordanb - hit a homer on this one please.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Chet said:
I know this is wrong, but I'll say [EDIT] SKOKIE

Edit #2: I think I was closer before the edit - its a more western than northern suburb. I think that might be the blue line and not the yellow line???

Jordanb - hit a homer on this one please.
Sears Tower on right, Hancock to left. Hancock is north, so we are on the west side. UIC is right off the Dan Ryan and south of the Eisenhower, which I do not see in the photo, and besides, we are much too far out of the city.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Steveanne is correct.

It is Oak Park, IL (basically the intersection of Lake Street and Oak Park Av)

JNA - as for signature buildings, look in the extreme bottom right-hand corner of the first pic and you can easily see Frank Lloyd Wright's Unity Temple.

Chet - That is actually the EL Green Line running through the right side of the first pic, the Blue Line runs alongside I-290 on the south end of Oak Park about a mile south of these pics.

Once our lease is up for our present apt., my wife and I are moving to Oak Park and actually intend on staying there for as long as possible. We even looked at a couple houses to buy, but the house market is a little too high for us right now.

Last edited: