• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Guess the City 163: Caption Contest Edition

tsc

Cyburbian
I couldn't decide... which would be more fun.. a caption contest or guess the city!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
El Guapo's idea for a Volvo PRIDE parade at this year's Republican National Convention gets a decidely lukewarm reaction.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Organizers were thrilled with the turnout at this years West Hollywood Barbara Eden Volvo Parade.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
El Guapo found that even with his right-leaning political beliefs, he could find a place in Ithaca, New York.

tsc

Cyburbian
Dan said:
El Guapo found that even with his right-leaning political beliefs, he could find a place in Ithaca, New York.
Woo-hoo.. a winner.... Ithaca used to hold the record for the highest percentage of Volvos... I believe the picture is actually the "Volvo Ballet" from the Ithaca Festival Parade.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Was it that
Volvo's look better in fringe;
or
Was it that their owner's were on the fringe ;-) :-\ :p

SGB

Cyburbian
Dan said:
And if the thought of putting a tutu on his beloved Volvo is too much for our EG, there is always room for him to join the fabled and RUGGED He-Man Chain Saw Marching Band.

That's right: same annual parade!

Last edited:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
--NEWS FLASH-- Ithaca, NY. -- Officials here are reviewing video tape of an apparent renegade Volvo 240 Sedan from yesterday's Ithaca Festival Parade that witnesses reported carried a bumper sticker reading "Happiness Is A Belt Fed Weapon". Several witnesses stated that the male driver wore a blue shirt, tan pants and that the vehicle may have had Missouri plates. :-D

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Gedunker said:
--NEWS FLASH-- Ithaca, NY. -- Officials here are reviewing video tape of an apparent renegade Volvo 240 Sedan from yesterday's Ithaca Festival Parade that witnesses reported carried a bumper sticker reading "Happiness Is A Belt Fed Weapon". Several witnesses stated that the male driver wore a blue shirt, tan pants and that the vehicle may have had Missouri plates. :-D

This had me choking on my water....

el Guapo

Capitalist
Gedunker said:

I got a good chuckle out of that one! Thanks :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
el Guapo said:
I got a good chuckle out of that one! Thanks :)
The "belt fed happiness" bumper sticker is real -- it's on an old Toyota that parks outside city hall from time to time 8-!. Of course, it made me think of you, eG ;-)