• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 164: Historic Edition 7

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I don't know but I hope everything in the first picture wasn't demolished to build everything in the second. :-\

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I was going to wait for a few more responses, but there hasn't been, so I'll just come out and say Biscuit is the winner right now.

Bisc, you can post Guess the City - Historical #8 if you would like. If you want, send me a PM of some town you would like people to guess, and I will look for them in my 25,000+ picture datebase and post them in the gallery for you to link.

:m:

ablarc

Cyburbian Emeritus
Before sure is better than after.

Look at that: they tore down the town and put in a parking lot.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Dang, that was some kind of guess I made there. The newer photo screamed 'modernist government complex,' and the river to the right looked big enough to be the Mississippi, thus the guess.

I'll try to find some historic photos to post. Or I'll just go the easy route and have SAC do it for me. :p