• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave F

Cyburbian
Since Danie was more energetic than me she posted her city first. I've got a more obscure one:

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl said:
You guys will not guess this city
Oh yee of little faith - we'll get it...eventually.

Hmmm...looks like an N. American skyline, but the second pic looks very European...

I'll say it's in N. America.

Is it a coastal city?

Portland, Maine?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tranplanner said:

Oh yee of little faith - we'll get it...eventually.

Hmmm...looks like an N. American skyline, but the second pic looks very European...

I'll say it's in N. America.

Is it a coastal city?

Portland, Maine?
I tried Portland already and Dave sez 'nope'

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Geez - I can't believe with all the clues that we haven't got it yet. C'mon NHP - this is your neck of the woods, isn't it?

Hartford?

Boston? (Too obvious, right?)

Bucky alum

me??

The scenery looked like Richmond when you showed the college campus. And the historic homes reminded me of Williamsburg Va. So I was stuck in that area. Additionally, although the leaves were changing the morning sun seemed too warm to be Mass, it had to be further south, Virginia or NC I then was like where have I seen it and then the basketball got me thinking of all the programs there. Well, I got the last two right so I'll put one up.

Dave F

Cyburbian
W-S is funny, becuase it has kind of a "stealth" quality to it, even though it's a major corporate/industrial city in its own right.

I've never lived there, but I've been through a good number of times. There's frequently good live music at Ziggy's or The Coliseum in which Wake Forest plays, but other than that I don't know that much about the fun to be had there.

The Williamsburg-style shots are from Old Salem, which is surrounded by the newer Winston. People from NC generally refer to W-S as "Winston."

Status
Not open for further replies.