• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 24: Grid Edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiker

Cyburbian
hmm

the sedimentation apparent in the river make me think it's one of the great rivers of the east... missouri, mississippi, or ohio.

I'm thinking Ohio river... Covington, KY? maybe

El Feo

Cyburbian
Re: hmm

boiker said:
the sedimentation apparent in the river make me think it's one of the great rivers of the east... missouri, mississippi, or ohio.

I'm thinking Ohio river... Covington, KY? maybe
Nope, but you deserve a clue for that well-reasoned guess...

boiker

Cyburbian
that don't help much

large/medium sized river. a relativley flat area, because of the bend in the river. A location with an auto track.

probably in the SE?

El Feo

Cyburbian
Another hint (for the beer historians - and are you sure that's an auto track?):

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Feo said:
Another hint (for the beer historians - and are you sure that's an auto track?):
There's a smaller "U" shaped stadium to the left. I would say its a test track of some sort, but the parking field would be extreme.

Talladega? (sp)

boiker

Cyburbian
it is lousville!

it has to be.. that's kentucky derby place. damn if I can remember what it's called.

sal95

Cyburbian
I agree

Louisville, KY The track is Churchill Downs, with the University of Louisville football stadium nearby.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Lol no its not in Alabama, no Talladega, been there a few times and there is no urban anywhere near it-and the parking is grass fields

HUGE much larger than that

horse track!

El Feo

Cyburbian
Ooooohhh...Bettie....

And compliments to PlannerGirl on the new Bettie Page avatar...

El Feo

Cyburbian
I forgot boiker's prize...

A ninety-foot Louisville Slugger. Please pick it up at the Factory and Museum, corner of 8th & Main, Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.