• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 34

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The Windy City

Looks alot like Chicago, the south end of the loop.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Is it the hog butcher to the world? The tool maker? The stacker of wheat? The stormy, husky, brawling city of big shoulders? No?

The Emerald City?

SouthSideSlayer

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
Is it the hog butcher to the world? The tool maker? The stacker of wheat? The stormy, husky, brawling city of big shoulders? No?

The Emerald City?
If you mean Seattle, the answer is:

NO...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Without looking at oter skylines, I'm gonna' guess that it's a smaller Southern city, given the Coke sign. Not Huntsville ... the soil there doesn't support very tall buildings. Columbia, South Carolina, perhaps?

SouthSideSlayer

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Without looking at oter skylines, I'm gonna' guess that it's a smaller Southern city, given the Coke sign. Not Huntsville ... the soil there doesn't support very tall buildings. Columbia, South Carolina, perhaps?
Nope.

SouthSideSlayer

Cyburbian

Nobody seems to have a clue, probably because no one has visited the place. I knew it was gonna be tough..

Here's another one:

hint: the city is in the 500,000 - 1,000,000 range. Inhabitants, that is.

SouthSideSlayer

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
I'm agreeing with Dan that it is probably someplace south. Little Rock?

Nope, not in the South of the United States. And does Little Rock have more than 500,000 inhabitants??? I was talking about the city population...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Well if it ain't Minneapolis or St Paul, then yer a stinkin liar.

el Guapo

Capitalist
SouthSideSlayer said:

Nope, not in the South of the United States. And does Little Rock have more than 500,000 inhabitants??? I was talking about the city population...
Add a serious case of Zits, a walkman and you have a photo of El Guapo at 16. WoW, how did they do that.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
That is still English on the sign, so that should narrow things down some. Chicago?

BKM

Cyburbian
Toronto

It looks North American, so I would say Toronto-except I think Toronto exceeds 1,000,000. Maybe not in Toronto City Limits, though. Although with all the changes in metropolitan government, who knows?

SouthSideSlayer

Cyburbian
Re: Toronto

BKM said:
It looks North American, so I would say Toronto-except I think Toronto exceeds 1,000,000. Maybe not in Toronto City Limits, though. Although with all the changes in metropolitan government, who knows?
No, Toronto has almost 2.5 million, that's official.

Try again.

Maybe this will help:

nerudite

Cyburbian
Beautiful downtown Winnipeg. The TD Centre building is pretty recognizable. Bravo on finding downtown photos without it showing... very tricky!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Ho-Chi-Mihn City? I spotted a car pool lane sign. That sort of thing is only practiced by your hard-core commies!

BKM

Cyburbian
Oh, El Guapo.

Are you and Prudence planning on relocating to Bo's Montana compound soon? :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
BKM said:
Oh, El Guapo.

Montana is beautiful this time of the year. Prudence, if you have room for me and my arsenal, pick me up on the drive out there.

SouthSideSlayer

Cyburbian
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nerudite said:
Beautiful downtown Winnipeg. The TD Centre building is pretty recognizable. Bravo on finding downtown photos without it showing... very tricky!

WINNIPEG IT IS!
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You win two floors of residential space in the Trump Tower Chicago!

el Guapo

Capitalist
BKM said:
Oh, El Guapo.

All in jest. Truly

I guess I should have added a winking' icon for clairity.

But that is not a bad idea. I once wrote a piece for a right of center rag suggesting that there be vacation cottages set up for the rugged right where members could go and get a sense of the impending ATF raids and Helicopter Surveillance. Sort of a rent a fortress for the way-right. All done with paintballs and laser tag of course. That way people could get the old Waco-Ruby Ridge itch out of their system and go back to drinking lattes during the week.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
[ot]
El Guapo said:
But that is not a bad idea. I once wrote a piece for a right of center rag suggesting that there be vacation cottages set up for the rugged right where members could go and get a sense of the impending ATF raids and Helicopter Surveillance. Sort of a rent a fortress for the way-right.
Militias are so mid-90s. Now, the right-wing thing to do is become an inside-the-Beltway media pundit. Thing is, real estate in McLean, Virginia is so much more expensive than in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.[/ot]

el Guapo

Capitalist
Going OT

[ot]True, But I am wearing a pink shirt and green pants at this very moment wishing I was back in the Reagan 80's. Is that Duran Duran I hear?

Spokane is the secret right-wing jewel in real estate market in the 'OO's. [/ot]