• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 36

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Ay ay ay! Dios mio! The Virgen de Guadalupe is MAD at some city. Which one, though?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Che! I see the martyr's mug every time I cross the Santa Fe bridge.

Your prize is ... a burro!

Joe Iliff

Reformed City Planner
El Paso del Norte bound

I'm heading that way in 2 weeks. The Texas & New Mexico APA chapters are having their state conferences there.

Haven't been to ELP in years.

BKM

Cyburbian
This has to be one of the grimmest series of North American city photos I have ever seen. The gigantic graffito of Che was particularly charming.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
BKM said:
This has to be one of the grimmest series of North American city photos I have ever seen. The gigantic graffito of Che was particularly charming.
As they used to say in New Mexico ... "Poor Las Cruces. So Far from heaven, so close to El Paso."

BKM

Cyburbian
I thought the California landscpae was brown. El Paso appears to transcend "Brown" into the realm of "Grey."

nerudite

Cyburbian
The picture of the laborers on Oregon Street reminds me so much of the intersection of Canoga & Victory in the San Fernando Valley. It's bizarre... I haven't thought of that in at least 15 years.