• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 41

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The terrain and number of railroads sure does make me think of Pennsylvania or Ohio. Johnstown, PA? Dayton, OH?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Doh!

I should have read the posts. Jen already mentioned Johnstown. Considering how far off I was, maybe I should head west? Des Moines?

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
I'm stumpfed (pun intended)! Not enough development for Pittsburgh, but the same terrain as the industrial belt of PA and OH. And all those bridges! Name a river or RR for a hint. The panorama of Atlanta was easier 'cause I could identify a few street names.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Come on...we need actual pictures. Is that drawing to scale?

I'm going with Bethlehem, PA.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Another Hint!

Study all of the natural features that can be seen in the image below.

Jen

Cyburbian
Sacramento works for me, and do you see a fault line in that picture Poncho?

Definitely a California city.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
That's an ocean in the background. It is too green for the Los Angeles area. Somewhere on the coast from Eureka south to Santa Barbara. I will go with Eureka for now.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
You're getting close! Definitely in California.

Hint: Don't be "stumpfed!!" (hee hee!)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I couldn't post last night, for some reason. The suggestion seems to be that my analysis is off. It is a drawing. All that green could be artistic license. How about L.A.?

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
We have a winnah!!!!

Michael Stumpf said:
All that green could be artistic license. How about L.A.?
The winnah and champeen!

Special "Sprawl Is Good" award to be posted later tonight.

Good job!