• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Guess the City 48

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Milwaukee had a bluff separating the rail lines (Now Lincoln Mem. Drive) from the built downtown.

I would guess the Rock Island / Quad Cities.

sleepy

Cyburbian
Sorry, but Milwaukee is wrong by hundreds--not thousands-- of miles! (That's no help, is it?) Hint: it's a river, not a lake.

And it's not the Quad Cities, either, but that's getting closer!

Bucky alum

Man I was actually thinking of superior wi but I didn't think that was right, they would have had the hills of duluth in the background. A guess... Knoxville, TN.

sleepy

Cyburbian
Superior, Wisc.--Nope!

Knoxville, TN--Wrong!

St. Louis--Sorry!

Hint: The city is nearer to St. Louis than to Superior or Knoxville.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Memphis and St Louis were among my first choices, but seeing as how both are already taken and at least one is wrong, how about... Cleveland?

sleepy

Cyburbian
Memphis it is.

In 1900, Memphis was the 2nd largest city in the 11 state South after New Orleans.

Those three "skyscrapers" were among the first in the South and are now used as apartments.